This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

axe-e-dental

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, I'm a d-bag. I'll admit it.

But in all seriousness, I've been fortunate enough to get acceptances from multiple schools. Going into this process, I had my top choice. But just last week I interviewed at a school and I really liked it. Now, I'm not so sure about the top choice. I was lucky enough to get acceptances from this new school as well as the former top choice. Its been difficult to make a decision and I would really like some more time to make a choice. Especially a choice that's going to determine several forthcoming years of my life.

So my question is, can I hold 2 seats? Can I make 2 deposits safely? I don't want my acceptance to be rescinded from either schools in case they find out I made a deposit to the other. Is there a way they would know? I am mainly trying to just pay some money to buy myself a cushion of time to make the right decision for myself. I know there are other deserving candidates out there that are eagerly waiting for that seat. It's just been a long arduous process and I want to make the right decision. After that, I will obviously deny one of the acceptance so it can go to someone just as deserving.

I know you might be asking that isn't 30 days enough for you? Well one of the schools has asked for a preliminary deposit within 15 days. So essentially, I don't have 30 days, but rather only 15. And with finals, graduation, family events, and other hectic stuff going on in my life, 15 days just aren't enough. I'm sure though that I can make the decision within 30 days but not 15. I would really appreciate any feedback on this. Thank you guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You can safely hold two seats. There's a date in April or something at which time AADSAS will share where ppl are holding seats with the schools. Pick a school and withdraw consideration before then.

Take your time to decide but once you come to a decision be quick in telling the school. There's someone out there waiting anxiously for that seat.

Schools will not know your multiple deposits until March 1st.

This is stated in ADEA AADSAS Release Form that you signed when you submitted your application

"I understand that beginning on March 1 and thereafter, when considering multiple offers of acceptance, I should hold only one position by accepting the offer of one dental school and declining other offers. After this time, if I hold offer(s) at more than one dental school, my status will be shared with all applicable schools and may result in offers being changed or revoked."

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you so much for the helpful responses. I appreciate it!