Hofstra vs. Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ml200201

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I say Drexel! The teachers/faculty LOVE teaching and give every student personal attention - regardless of class size. Also, we are pass/fail which I didn't think mattered before med school but I think it's a huuuuuugeeee plus now. And the students are really relaxed and helpful and fun to hang out with. I have made some really good friends over my first year at ducom

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
I say Drexel! The teachers/faculty LOVE teaching and give every student personal attention - regardless of class size. Also, we are pass/fail which I didn't think mattered before med school but I think it's a huuuuuugeeee plus now. And the students are really relaxed and helpful and fun to hang out with. I have made some really good friends over my first year at ducom

are you unranked pass/fail or do you have internal rankings?

Members don't see this ad :)
All the people voting hofstra--why? Is it just because of ranking? Just curious as to your reasoning

Hofstra is by far the way to go. Better school. Better research opportunities. Better clinical rotations. Hofstra is climbing up the ranks pretty fast and I wouldn't be surprised to see it becoming an upper mid tier school in few years.

Reactions: 2 users
All the people voting hofstra--why? Is it just because of ranking? Just curious as to your reasoning
people on sdn seem to see hofstra as an up and comer, maybe because of the hospital system. irl few of the attendings i work with have heard of it probably because its so new.

I've also heard from others that Drexel's admin is more hands off

are you unranked pass/fail or do you have internal rankings?

As far as I know, we are only ranked to determine who's eligible for AOA. Nothing shows up on our transcript, just that we passed all our year 1-2 classes. 3rd and 4th year still have pass high pass honors (whatever the usual system is for grading clinicals)

Dude, Sessler is a pure gift from God.

Reactions: 1 user
Because SDN seems to just hate Drexel.

BUT WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!

Hate is too strong a word. There are legitimate and serious flaws with the school and affiliated hospitals and these concerns were repeatedly mentioned here for few years. If I were in OP's shoes, I'd choose Hofstra without a doubt.

But whatever, OP decided what's best for them. As long as there are no regrets, it's all good.

Hate is too strong a word. There are legitimate and serious flaws with the school and affiliated hospitals and these concerns were repeatedly mentioned here for few years. If I were in OP's shoes, I'd choose Hofstra without a doubt.

But whatever, OP decided what's best for them. As long as there are no regrets, it's all good.
Mind commenting on those? Not going to Drexel, just interested if some of the vibes I got were accurate.
People wise, Drexel seemed nice though

I was accepted to drexel with a near full scholarship and the only positive thing I can say about this school is that they gave me a lot of money nothing else positive to say.