Hku mbbs/cuhk?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fish0315

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to apply to HKU and CUHK medicine through non-jupas next year 2013.
I used to study in HK in secondary school, but then I transfer to a US boarding school in junior year.
Here is my stats:
SAT: 2200 (superscore)
SAT II: 800 Math2, 800 Physics
AP: All 5s in BC Calc, Statistics, Physics C, Environmental Science
GPA: 3.83

I also plan to take AP chem next time and probably take SAT chem/bio in november.
Does HKU offer conditional offer to US students if I haven't taken the chemistry exams before deadline?
What are my chances? What could I do to increase my chances?

Members don't see this ad.

I would like to apply to HKU and CUHK medicine through non-jupas next year 2013.
I used to study in HK in secondary school, but then I transfer to a US boarding school in junior year.
Here is my stats:
SAT: 2200 (superscore)
SAT II: 800 Math2, 800 Physics
AP: All 5s in BC Calc, Statistics, Physics C, Environmental Science
GPA: 3.83

I also plan to take AP chem next time and probably take SAT chem/bio in november.
Does HKU offer conditional offer to US students if I haven't taken the chemistry exams before deadline?
What are my chances? What could I do to increase my chances?
I don't know much about the US system but it sounds like you have a good chance. I applied to both medical schools this year and I got offers from both of them. It would be helpful if you have done work experience to demonstrate your commitment/ understanding of what a career in medicine involves. Best of luck to you & I hope I'll see you next year :)

CUHK - Unconditional
HKU - 3As with an average of 285/300 in AS