High Yield MCAT Topics- please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

avocadoadventure

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
In an effort to try to solidify some things before my test which is 3 weeks away, I would appreciate any input on what the high yield items are. My books do not explicitly tell me, I have looked at the Kaplan quick sheets but they are lacking in many areas.
Also any other tips on how to best prepare would be great, I took AAMC FL 1 prematurely and did poorly and am stressed out.
I have 4 TBR FLs, 3 Kaplan, 3 TPR, and 1 Next Step, I am looking to purchase more.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

In an effort to try to solidify some things before my test which is 3 weeks away, I would appreciate any input on what the high yield items are. My books do not explicitly tell me, I have looked at the Kaplan quick sheets but they are lacking in many areas.
Also any other tips on how to best prepare would be great, I took AAMC FL 1 prematurely and did poorly and am stressed out.
I have 4 TBR FLs, 3 Kaplan, 3 TPR, and 1 Next Step, I am looking to purchase more.
Thanks!

Well for me I would say high yield would be:

Bio/biochem
Amino acids (names, polarity, 3 letter names, 1 letter names)
Glycolysis (all enzymes, intermediates etc).
krebs cycle (all enzymes, intermediates, etc.).
Nephron structure/function
Immune system
Heart structure

Chem/phys
Equilibrium
cathode anode cells
the main orgo reactions (sn1, sn2, e1, e2)
Radioactivity (beta decay, half lives etc)
Reaction rates
Electricity and magnetism

Psych/Soc
Honestly probably everything.

If you're looking to purchase more mcats, definitely go with either next step or examkrackers, I regret not getting those. If you have the kaplan third edition books they actually do tell you what is high yield (the golden stars).

Make sure you do the section banks when you're ready.

Thanks!
Why don't you try to look over the aamc mcat concepts outline on their website? It has all of the high yield subjects.