High school student with a low gpa, chance of getting into Nova Southeastern BS/DO program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheGoldenFox

Reaction score
Hi! This is my first post in the student doctor network. Currently, I’m a junior in high school with really low stats:
-GPA: 3.1
-SAT:1210 (bringing this up to at least 1350 in October)
-many extracurriculara
i have been really passionate about medicine and looking at Nova’s dual DO program. am I shooting too far with my stats? i really want to do a dual program so is there any suggestions for ones that I have a slightly better chance of getting into? What’s the track I should follow? I know I can do better because this year I took all AP’s and got A’s, but my sophomore and freshman year grades ruined my gpa. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You'll probably be able to get the interview as long as you meet their high school/SAT benchmarks.

You'll probably be able to get the interview as long as you meet their high school/SAT benchmarks.
Thanks! Yeah, my weighted gpa is 3.8 so I should be good there but I was just worried about SAT

They look at weighted GPA so dont worry about that. Get the SAT score you need