Hidden Gem programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

turnitin13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Wondering which cardiology fellowships you might consider hidden gems in the field? Eg great variety of cases from HF, interventional, and structural with great faculty that aren't necessarily at "top 20 program"? Other than the big names and programs local to me I'm having a hard time learning about other programs esp ones that I may not have heard of.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Basically any program in the Midwest with a decent transplant program will give you as good or better training than the top 20.

Top 20 is the top 20 for research, not necessarily for patient care.

I've been asking the same question.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hear Creighton University's program is good. Great training and work-life balance.

Ascension Providence Southfield for IC is a hidden gem

I am currently a Creighton University fellow and can attest to that. All our fellows are really happy with the training, work environment and collegiality in the program. There is great work life balance, and all fellows love their job and are really good at it. Our intervention program has amazing volumes as well. I would encourage you to apply to our program.
Awesome. I'm definitely applying!