Hi everyone, I took naplex an i couldn't finish it. The time given for the exam was 4hrs and 20 min

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bitekim

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was expecting 5hrs even the test center said 300min. would anyone please clarify the actual time given for naplex?

Members don't see this ad.

The bulletin on the NABP website says it's 4.25 hours, though I understand what you mean since when I took the exam, it also said 300 minutes.

It seems like there's a discrepancy between PearsonVUE and NABP on testing time limits, though I don't know how they "time" things.

What question did you stop on, if you remember?

I see...well, I hope you pass the exam. The reason I ask how many questions you finished is because of this statement:

"To receive a test score, you must have completed at least 162 questions on the examination. Candidates completing less than 162 questions will NOT have their scores reported. Candidates who complete at least 162 questions, but fewer than 185 questions, will have a penalty applied and their scores adjusted to reflect the number of questions that remained unanswered."

It's been a while, but I thought there was a countdown timer. Is that not the case? Or did you know the time left, but couldn't go through it fast enough?