Hey there Osteo dudes and dudettes...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Biodude

The Biology DUDE
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd like to provide a warning because a troll totally flamed a thread on the pre-allo boards last night. This thread was a thread meant for pre-med undergrads to talk about and support eachothers' undergrad experiences. Unfortunately, a person by the username of "squat n squeeze" came into the thread and basically bashed us (well, some of us weren't doin' so hot in the GPA department...). Not only that, but he/she made a very disparaging comment regarding Osteopathic schools. Now, I've been considering going DO (since last year), so that really ticked me off when he/she said "Osteopathic schools are nothing but diploma mills".

Currently, I'm ignoring this user, but if he/she comes onto the pre-Osteo board, just be wary of what he/she has to say, k? :)

Thank you for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

He found his way onto the pre-osteo thread regarding MD parents encouraging offspring to got DO.

He appears to posses a rather foul personality, devoid of wit and wisdom. He is, thankfully, mercifully brief in his posts.

He is? Well, you guys lucked out then. He went on and on about how he's attending an Ivy League undergrad and planning to become a neurosurgeon in the pre-allo Under M1 Club thread. He certainly wasn't what you'd call brief there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who has to give out their resume on an online bulletin board is either 1) full of $hit or 2) they have such a lack of self-confidence they need the satisfaction of knowing people are reading their post and saying "wow, he's smarter than me", when in actuality they're saying "man, what a toolbag. This guy needs to get a life". With the name "Squat and Squeeze", I'd like to say his case fits #1, but I have a feeling he's more like a #2 kinda guy :laugh: :laugh: ;)

What's wrong with choice number #3? How about he's both full of it and a bit of #2? I think that maybe he's more of the #1 type though...he said something along the lines of, "I'm not a troll. I'm a serious Ivy League educated pre-med who wants to..." ah shoot, I forgot what else he said on the "Under M1 Club" thread. Something about taking his topics into serious consideration or whatnot. Oh yeah, like I'm gonna seriously consider a guy who thinks that DO's are quacks who know little about caring for patients :p

Anyhow, he basically said that he doesn't want a physician talking care of his kids if the doc didn't know Calculus. Hmm...that's funny, I talked to an EM doc and he's never used the Calculus he learned in college. Maybe Radiologists need to know it (since Calculus is good for Physics, which is something to know for Rads).

Hmm...let's see here. Serious Ivy League educated pre-med. That may not be a troll, but that sounds like a gunner to me, and everyone knows how most people feel about gunners. :D

Sorry about your having to suffer through trolling though.

...that squatnsqueeze probably has little to no self-esteem about anything in his life that is non-academic, and comes off as a total sh*thead.

HOWEVER, I am glad there are people like him out there. Since his sense of worth relies so heavily upon performance, I'm sure he'll strive to be the best neurosurgeon possible.

I would prefer that he didn't bust on us pre-osteo's. You don't need to be a sh*thead to be a good doctor. I'm sure his attitude alienates him from others, and causes him to miss out on some of the really important things in life. Really, it's his loss.

Invest yourself in everything you do. There's fun in being serious.
- Wynton Marsalis

Thank you for reminding everybody DrMom...I am finding it more difficult to ignore the troll now that people are going to the Under M1 Club thread to feed that troll.

You know he won't be a doctor cause there a tons of people who are too smart and get rejected from medical schools unless the interviewer has the same mentality. If I was an interviewer, you can pickup by the way a person says things about his/her life how they'd treat others.

Who cares what others think?

Damn...the minute anyone starts giving two dinks about what someone else thinks is the same minute that you start living life for someone else.

Be your own person.

Be confident in who you are and what you are to become.

All of this MD vs DO CRAP wouldn't mean a damn thing if people didn't whine about it so God damn much.

I'm sick of it.

If YOU care what some pre-med student, MD student, or MD thinks about you or your degree then that is YOUR problem...not mine and not the rest of the medical community's. Your issue, your hangup.

Get over it and move on.