Hey P2-4's, any input on Howard's summer program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ladyj16

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
First of all, CONGRATS TO ALL OF US ACCEPTED TO HOWARD UNIVERSITY'S CLASS OF 2012, PHARMD. PROGRAM!!! :hardy: GOD IS GOOD!!! :hardy: Okay, to Howard's P2-P4's, what can the P1's expect from the Summer Enrichment Program? Any info. will be greatly appreciated!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering about that myself because I didn't receive a notice saying that I had to go. One guy posted in the pre-pharm thread that it was for students that don't have a degree and only did prereqs so I'm guessing it has to do with being able to do upper level courses. I looked online and found this information:

The School of Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, Nursing and Allied Health Sciences of the Howard University, offers an eight-week ON-SITE Pharmacy Professional Summer Advancement Program for students who are interested in the Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm. D.) degree. This program is made possible by the Center of Excellence (COE) grant from the US Department of Health and Human Services. (Health Profession Diversity).
The Pharmacy Professional Advancement Program offers an intensive curriculum designed to strengthen and enhance the academic potential of students focusing on a career in the health professions. An eligible student must have a minimum 3.00 grade point average.
The curriculum includes the following: Anatomy, Biochemistry, Pharmacy Math, Microbiology, Physiology and Pharmacy Statistics. In addition, seminars on test-taking, study and time management skills are offered.

ELIGIBILITY

African-American; Hispanic-American and Native-American pre-professional students with an overall cumulative GPA of 3.00. Student participants must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident. Students must have completed a PharmCAS application for

Thanks for the info Kalove!! I'll see ya in August! Oh, I saw your thread for Howard c/o 2012, so I guess I better post something on that one, huh? :)