"Hey Does Anyone Know Which Schools..." - A List of Lists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
one place that serves decent impossible burgers, and one restaurant that has truly great tacos
Come on Pippy. You can get Burger King and Taco Bell anywhere.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't had McDonald's since February, why would you do this to me :arghh:
I haven’t had it since March. I would pass McDonald’s everyday on my walk to school and back. Now I have no reason to walk past it. I’m dying here.

Reactions: 1 user
This makes me feel better about my allotted one fast food night a week, because every time I really want to eat something like this I can just schedule it for the next available Friday and not feel bad about myself for doing it :p

Reactions: 3 users
This makes me feel better about my allotted one fast food night a week, because every time I really want to eat something like this I can just schedule it for the next available Friday and not feel bad about myself for doing it :p
Today is Sonic day! :heckyeah:

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
I made a quick list of vet schools without a teaching hospital:

Canada:
University of Calgary

Grenada:
SGU

St. Kitts:
Ross

USA:
University of Arizona
LIU
LMU
Western University

Unless I missed anything, I believe all others have a teaching hospital on site. From what I've found, I believe they all follow the distributive model (except for Ross/SGU, where they send students to the USA or Canada for clinical year, if I understand correctly). Arizona does have a university-owned clinic (Douglas-Ames Animal Hospital) on site, but it doesn't appear to be a full-scale teaching hospital, as far as I'm aware.

Disclaimer: this is all from my own research, so if I missed anything or overlooked something, please don't hesitate to correct me.

the Ames clinic for UA will be located in Douglas, a small town 2 hours to the north. And you’re totes correct it will just be a university owned clinic. The university bought it off of Dr. Ames, a long time vet in the area, back in 2014. It’s been a town shelter since then!

Thanks for the info! I’m curious about how the clinical affiliate sites work. Do Ross and SGU students get to pick where they go, or are they assigned somehow? I couldn’t find the exact process on their websites; but I did see a page on the SGU website saying that they try to give students their first choice, but it’s not guaranteed. Is it like a match system?
Ours is similar to what said about SGU. At Ross you pick four schools (each school has different min gpa requirements), technically they’re unranked and you have an equal chance of being placed at any of them. Everyone has a one-on-one meeting with our clinical coordinator and we discuss our career goals and other life factors and so all of that is taken into account as well with placement. Gpa plays a role, but it’s not the only factor.

Grade Replacement
Michigan State
Iowa State
Minnesota
To expand on these and add to them (with links because I always forget where I find this info lol):
Michigan State: GR for science prereqs ("We use the most recent grade if you have repeated a science pre-requisite.") Source: Two-Step Selection Process
Iowa State: full GR ("If a course is repeated, the most recent grade received will be used in the GPA calculation and replaces any previous grades.") Source: Course Requirements | Iowa State University
Minnesota: if 3+ years old ("Repeated courses are both considered if retaken within three years; only the new grade is used if it has been three or more years since the course was first taken.") Source: How Applicants are Evaluated and for prereqs ("The highest grade received will be used in the prerequisite course GPA calculation.") Source: their brochure
Wisconsin-Madison: GR for prereqs only ("For the purpose of required coursework GPA calculation, the highest grade earned should be the only course grade used in the required coursework GPA calculation.”) Source: I emailed them.

Any others? I had Western and WSU on my list but I can't find a source for those now, so perhaps not. Will email them. UPDATE: WSU does no GR, they just use VMCAS' grades.

Last edited:
To expand on these and add to them (with links because I always forget where I find this info lol):
Michigan State: GR for science prereqs ("We use the most recent grade if you have repeated a science pre-requisite.") Source: Two-Step Selection Process
Iowa State: full GR ("If a course is repeated, the most recent grade received will be used in the GPA calculation and replaces any previous grades.") Source: Course Requirements | Iowa State University
Minnesota: if 3+ years old ("Repeated courses are both considered if retaken within three years; only the new grade is used if it has been three or more years since the course was first taken.") Source: How Applicants are Evaluated and for prereqs ("The highest grade received will be used in the prerequisite course GPA calculation.") Source: their brochure
Wisconsin-Madison: GR for prereqs only ("For the purpose of required coursework GPA calculation, the highest grade earned should be the only course grade used in the required coursework GPA calculation.”) Source: I emailed them.

Any others? I had Western and WSU on my list but I can't find a source for those now, so perhaps not. Will email them. UPDATE: WSU does no GR, they just use VMCAS' grades.

Just an FYI, I believe the Michigan State website listed above is defunct - their current website clearly states that they don't require the GRE, even though the website above states that it factors into the Two-Step Selection process. Here is the current website: DVM Program

In any case, the above information is correct - GR is only used in the science pre-req calculation, the last-36 credit GPA includes all classes taken, even if they are repeats.

Just an FYI, I believe the Michigan State website listed above is defunct - their current website clearly states that they don't require the GRE, even though the website above states that it factors into the Two-Step Selection process. Here is the current website: DVM Program

In any case, the above information is correct - GR is only used in the science pre-req calculation, the last-36 credit GPA includes all classes taken, even if they are repeats.
Wow that Michigan State website that was linked before must be super old. Can confirm that MSU does not require the GRE and won't even look at it even if you send it.

Wow that Michigan State website that was linked before must be super old. Can confirm that MSU does not require the GRE and won't even look at it even if you send it.

Hey now, it's not that old. I haven't even graduated yet! :laugh:

(I was the last year of that admissions process)

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Woops sorry!! This entire time based on your profile pic I thought you were a man... but then again, I don't have green hair so I don't know why I just assumed.
She's my brother!

Actual footage of us in that game attached @finnickthedog

Attachments

• maxresdefault (2).jpg
    maxresdefault (2).jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 102
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone, I applied last cycle and was waitlisted at one school and ultimately rejected. I decided to go for my masters in biology and I will be about halfway through the program by the time I reapply in the 2021-2022 cycle. I was wondering if anyone had any insight about what schools actually look at your grad school gpa? Are there any schools that include it in cumulative GPAs or last 45? I will be contacting the schools directly soon but I know other people will probably get back to this sooner than the schools will. Thanks everyone!

No not true...

I adored their apple dumpling dessert. It was a whole poached apple that was baked in a bag made of pastry. It was so yummy. I tried to order it, and was told it was gone. When I said “oh, wow I’m so sad that was my favorite!” the waiter was super dismissive and was like, “yeah, every time we take something off the menu it’s someone’s favorite.” I was devastated.
It was my favorite too....I used to go just for that. I've tried replicating it at home but only with limited success.

Hi all! I was recently rejected from all of the schools I applied to last round. I have tons of credits, meaning my cGPA (currently at a 3.0) would take forever to raise at all. Can anyone tell me which schools look more at the last 45 hours instead of the cGPA? This is pretty broad I apologize.

I was in your shoes when I applied. I focused on having a strong last 45 vs making a huge dent in my cGPA.

Schools that don’t use cGPA: K-State, LSU, ISU, and UMN (that I remember)
Though I feel like many schools are transitioning to a more holistic approach to reviewing applications. Take advantage of file reviews to see where you can improve! :)

Reactions: 1 users
I was in your shoes when I applied. I focused on having a strong last 45 vs making a huge dent in my cGPA.

Schools that don’t use cGPA: K-State, LSU, ISU, and UMN (that I remember)
Though I feel like many schools are transitioning to a more holistic approach to reviewing applications. Take advantage of file reviews to see where you can improve! :)
Thank you for your reply!

Davis will no longer require the GRE for admissions in future cycles~

Last edited:
Does anyone know which schools do in-person interviews for OOS? (and whether they're only in-person or have zoom as an option) Thanks!

Does anyone know which schools do in-person interviews for OOS? (and whether they're only in-person or have zoom as an option) Thanks!

Kansas State usually has the option of in person or zoom.

VAMD was a CASPER type of interview last year. You were responding to prerecorded questions rather than talking to someone

Mizzou, does in person and virtual options