Hey Can Someone help me with a school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ms.Neurosurg

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wasn't getting much help in the What Are My Chances Forum so I decided to move it here:
Hello, I am a African American Female who is economically disadvantaged with:
sGPA 3.54
cGPA 3.78
MCAT 33
2 years of research experience in neuroscience.
1 year of clinical shadowing
Medical Scribe
Biology tutor for High School Students
Volunteer for senior citizens facility.
Research in Spain as well as overcoming both my parents deaths in college which lead to a drop in GPA
Magna Cum Laude
Several other honor societies and Awards

What are my chances for the following schools:
Yale *
Duke *
UMich- Ann Arbor*
NYU *
Northwestern *
Baylor
Ohio State
University Wisconsin Madison
University of Cincinati
Georgetown
UConn
Brown
LSU

School marked with * are my reach schools

Members don't see this ad.

I think you have a very good shot at all top 25 schools!
Sorry about the loss of your parents...

Members don't see this ad :)
You should do really well with that list. I agree with the others that you can add some of the top tier schools. I'd add at least Penn and Chicago. Emory, Vanderbilt, and WashU would be good choices as well. You can go for broke and add HMS and Stanford too, with the right story, you'll get an interview and then you've got as good a chance as any.

Tell us how you came up with your list to let us know what you're looking for. What are your home state and your current state of residency?

I'm assuming you chose schools consistent with your stats. If so aim a little higher than you think.

Reactions: 1 user
You should do really well with that list. I agree with the others that you can add some of the top tier schools. I'd add at least Penn and Chicago. Emory, Vanderbilt, and WashU would be good choices as well. You can go for broke and add HMS and Stanford too, with the right story, you'll get an interview and then you've got as good a chance as any.

Tell us how you came up with your list to let us know what you're looking for. What are your home state and your current state of residency?

I'm assuming you chose schools consistent with your stats. If so aim a little higher than you think.

I actually had no particular methodology in choosing schools. I researched and basically each school had something that appealed to me such as: location, pre-clinical setup, or well known for being diverse. My home state is Louisiana and my current state of residency is Georgia.

If you're a Georgia resident definitely add the Georgia state schools. Emory too.

I think the list is good. I'm not sure how many out of state applicants Uconn and UW-Madison take. You'll want to check that out before you drop any money (or worse waste the time on a secondary) on an application.