Hey Baggywrinkle....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Caverject

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How is Washington treating you? Is it any better/worse than Florida??

Members don't see this ad.

I'm actually not there yet.

We fly out Monday to buy a home and my last night shift will be December 31.

It sure as heck is more expensive. Here in central Florida I have a comfortable modest 3/2/2 home and will be ecstatic to get 100 g for it when it sells. Take the same home and plop it anywhere around Puget Sound it will go for 150-200 g. In King county (Seattle) that home will go for 200-275. Cost of living is 14 percent higher and pay is the same. It is just the wife and I so it will mean less play money at the end of the month. Small price to pay to be able to go sailing and snow skiing in the same day. We will arrive just in time for the tail end of ski season. My Australian wife has never seen snow. I predict that she will go with me one time then never go again

Job market is excellent. Transferring out with WAGS but could move out cold and be working immediately.

Curiosity about the pharmacist market. My license is numbered above 50,000. I am aware of young pharmacists licensed as recently as 1999 with license numbers in the high teens. In three years 30,000 pharmacists moved to Washington? Cheese Louise I hope not. There aren't that many people in the whole state.

But to answer your question - the pacific northwest sucks. Costs are high, pay is low, it rains all the time, and there are no jobs. You would hate it - try Oregon. :p

But to answer your question - the pacific northwest sucks. Costs are high, pay is low, it rains all the time, and there are no jobs. You would hate it - try Oregon

Blasphemer!!!!!! Seattle kicks more @ss than you can possibly imagine. Live around U-Dub: Lake Washington, Capitol Hill, Pikes, Madison Park, Queen Anne, Seattle Center, Fremont. All of that **** is better than anything in California (and I love Cali!!)

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by South2006
Im looking forward to going to Seattle in March for APhA!!!

me too!

Originally posted by Triangulation
Blasphemer!!!!!! Seattle kicks more @ss than you can possibly imagine. Live around U-Dub: Lake Washington, Capitol Hill, Pikes, Madison Park, Queen Anne, Seattle Center, Fremont. All of that **** is better than anything in California (and I love Cali!!)

shh .. not so loud, they might hear you. Colorado was a lovely place when I moved there. That was just before the California exodus began. Now you can enjoy the pristine beauty of the great divide. Just you, the mountains and several hundred thousand of your closest neighbors. The biggest favor I could possibly do for the state to help with their ecology was leave...

I haven't even arrived in Washington and I am already eyeing Alaska. Fred Meyer is advertising big time for all the major cities up there. My guess is the work is seasonal. I would fit right in since I already work night shift so maybe a six month night wouldn't be such a shock. I can't say that too loud either or the wife will hit me in the head. I told her I would spray some Pam on the snow shovel and leave it where she could find it.