hem/onco clinical research fellow

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

desperate_img

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everyone! I am a non-US IMG
yog:2017, step1:249
have no research experience and would like to do a clinical research fellowship to enrich my resume...i will apply for 2021 match so i have a whole lot of time
how can i find a position ?I can afford being unpaid for the first months..any help would be appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure if you have already completed residency in the states based on your post. If you have not, then this thread should be moved to general IM.

In general, you can look for post-doctoral research fellowships based at medical schools, which are usually posted on their websites or easily google-able. Unfortunately, it is much easier to find jobs where you will be toiling away in a lab for 1-2 (or more) years than it is being a ?clinical researcher, not sure these jobs exist for unlicensed physicians. Clinical research assistant positions exist where you basically help do a lot of admin work for a clinical trial, but not sure that's what you want.

Some IMGs find luck by using whatever network of contacts they have to reach out to a PI. Is there a famous researcher from your home country? Sometimes a well crafted, well written email to him/her can make opportunity knock. If you work in a good group and maybe a prolific group, and get your name on a few publications, this can help spring you into the training program of your choice (again not clear if you are aiming to obtain a residency or a fellowship position).

I apologize for not being precise...I am a non-US IMG and currently studying for step2ck ..I am aspiring to do my residency and later fellowship of hem/onco in US. I have one year and a few months until the applications of September 2020 and I want to make my CV stronger by adding some clinical research experience. I am seeking for a clinical research job-of course I don't bother if it is unpaid-which will help me write some publications.
Networking is a good idea and I am already sending countless emails to faculty members of well known hospitals but unfortunately I get no response.
I aim to do specifically hem/onco research as it will count positively for my future fellowship