Help with school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Microbug

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just finished junior year and applying this cycle.

Asian female.

cGPA: 3.75, sGPA 3.80

(I got a C in ethics class this past semester, B- in physics semester before, both this (junior) yr)

MCAT: 514 (CBS 128, CARS 129, BB 130, PSY 127)

Research: 4 years in one lab, 3 different summers research programs away, one clinical research experience

no publications (upcoming publications within a year or two), one third author clinical review paper submitted for review

1 national conference poster presentation, 1 ABRCMS oral presentation (will do SACNAS this yr)

And if this makes any difference, worked 3 jobs since college, financially independent but got a good scholarship

This is my school list. Please help! Interested in micro/virology and immunology.

UCSF

WashU in St Louis

UWash

UPenn

Duke

UCLA

UCSD

Pittsburg

Mount Sinai

Baylor

Mayo

Ohio State

U of Iowa

Albert Einstein

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe Rochester too?

Some programs on your list are especially good picks because they don't get every single applicant (unlike UCSF, UW, UPenn, etc) but have some great immunologists (Pittsburgh, Baylor, Iowa). For immunology and virology in similar environments, you might also consider University of Minnesota, University of Colorado Denver, and University of Alabama Birmingham. I'm sure the Texas people will have some good Texas suggestions too...

I second Zuleika-d's suggestions and add a consideration for University of Cincinnati (Research Faculty | Immunology Graduate Training Program) and University of Maryland (Institute of Human Virology, plenty of great micro people, and they partake in the NIH MD/PhD Partnership Training Program so you could also do your PhD with someone at NIAID)