Help with SAS!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MicroBugs

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I need some serious help with this SAS stuff. Our prof has decided that teaching isn't in the job description. We have a problem that involves taking a bunch of pt cases with types of symptoms and the time and date the symptoms arose. We need to graph the number of cases vs the hours since exposure using proc gplot. I have almost everything except determing how many cases happened during each hour. any ideas on how i might figure this one out??

Members don't see this ad.

I don't fully understand your question - do you need to plot the cases by hour now using gplot? Or just figure out how many cases you have by hour? If it's the latter, just use proc freq (chisq gives you the significance of the 2X2 table using Chi-square or Fisher's exact test):

proc freq;
tables cases*hour / chisq;
run;

I'm not as good with gplot but the SAS help files might work...

and here is an example page from their help site: http://ftp.sas.com/techsup/download/sample/graph/gplot-examples-list.html

dante201 said:
I don't fully understand your question - do you need to plot the cases by hour now using gplot? Or just figure out how many cases you have by hour? If it's the latter, just use proc freq (chisq gives you the significance of the 2X2 table using Chi-square or Fisher's exact test):

proc freq;
tables cases*hour / chisq;
run;

I'm not as good with gplot but the SAS help files might work...

and here is an example page from their help site: http://ftp.sas.com/techsup/download/sample/graph/gplot-examples-list.html
Well our prof wants us to use gplot to plot the number of cases vs the hours since exposure, basically the number of cases that arose each hour following the outbreak. However, if i use proc freq, I don't know how to put that on gplot against the hours since. The entire class is struggling...