HELP WITH INFORMATION ABOUT SWEDISH, NORWEGIAN AND FINNISH MEDICAL SCHOOLS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

undergrad13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi.
I'm a citizen of USA and I graduated from an American secondary school. I'm deeply interested in the Medicine program at Lund university or any university in Sweden and Scandinavia. Currently I'm a grad with a BA in psychology ( linguistics too). I haven't taken too many science courses, but I wish to apply to the medicine program at lund and/or other programs in seen and scandanavian countries . I graduated in high school with a letter grade of B, and 85%. In college I have a 3.7 GPA. Can you help me? Can I attend lund university's medicine program and others? I need help

Members don't see this ad.

Hi.
I'm a citizen of USA and I graduated from an American secondary school. I'm deeply interested in the Medicine program at Lund university or any university in Sweden and Scandinavia. Currently I'm a grad with a BA in psychology ( linguistics too). I haven't taken too many science courses, but I wish to apply to the medicine program at lund and/or other programs in seen and scandanavian countries . I graduated in high school with a letter grade of B, and 85%. In college I have a 3.7 GPA. Can you help me? Can I attend lund university's medicine program and others? I need help

3.7GPA? Man that should be fine. Did you take science classes and MCAT? Science classes would be a must I think but the MCAT would be a bonus

3.7GPA? Man that should be fine. Did you take science classes and MCAT? Science classes would be a must I think but the MCAT would be a bonus
Well I didn't take a lot of science courses in college. I just took 1 semester of physics and chemistry and biology.

So, got any tips?

Members don't see this ad :)
Medical school in Sweden is not like the US system, nor are the grades and prerequisites. It is also in Swedish, so you might want to get your language on if you haven't already.
Get your grades translated to figure out your chances. In Lund 2/3 of the admitted students get in on grades, 1/3 get in on the swedish academic aptitude test. Other schools may have other percentages and additional ways of gaining entry. All students must have taken courses in biology, physics, chemistry and math. The fee for the full 5.5 year program is ~160k usd for foreign students, provided you're admitted in the first place.
Lycka till!

Medical school in Sweden is not like the US system, nor are the grades and prerequisites. It is also in Swedish, so you might want to get your language on if you haven't already.
Get your grades translated to figure out your chances. In Lund 2/3 of the admitted students get in on grades, 1/3 get in on the swedish academic aptitude test. Other schools may have other percentages and additional ways of gaining entry. All students must have taken courses in biology, physics, chemistry and math. The fee for the full 5.5 year program is ~160k usd for foreign students, provided you're admitted in the first place.
Lycka till!
Hi ivos thanks for the reply.
What do you know about Finnish medical schools? Do you have any info on that?

No, that'd be a completely different country. Look into the finnish language first though, it's not an easy one.