Help with Cephalometrics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ha1999

Reaction score
Anyone here who can help me understand these cephalometrics please:

Can pre-op SNA, SNB and ANB be different for an adult patient?
In terms of jaw movements, what has happened to the maxilla and mandible based on these values?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Screenshot 2023-05-29 at 19.18.43.png
Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 17.33.48.png

Members don't see this ad.

Not enough information to fully answer your question. Did this patient undergo surgery? How old is the patient? What mechanics were used to treat the malocclusion? Other cephalometric numbers like FMA/SN-MP, Wits, etc? Based off the ceph numbers directly, doesn't look like anything happened with the maxilla/mandible relative to cranial base. My assumption is that the change of 0.8 degrees in SNB is likely due to slight differences in tracing the initial vs final ceph.

Reactions: 1 user
Not enough information to fully answer your question. Did this patient undergo surgery? How old is the patient? What mechanics were used to treat the malocclusion? Other cephalometric numbers like FMA/SN-MP, Wits, etc? Based off the ceph numbers directly, doesn't look like anything happened with the maxilla/mandible relative to cranial base. My assumption is that the change of 0.8 degrees in SNB is likely due to slight differences in tracing the initial vs final ceph.
Many thanks for your reply.

These are figures for the SAME patient who had "surgery first" at age 34 to correct a compensated class III skeletal malocclusion.
The tables (grey vs blue) are produced at two separates occasions, and I was also wondering why the pre-op numbers are not exactly the same, given that it is the same patient?

Also, how come is the SNA is planned to be increased in one table but decreased in the second? and likewise, the ANB is planned to be increased in one while decreased in the second table?

I have attached more cephalometrics from the original report and from the modified report.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-18 at 15.57.12.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-18 at 15.57.12.png
    542.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot 2023-06-18 at 16.01.49.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-18 at 16.01.49.png
    464.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot 2023-06-18 at 16.02.21.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-18 at 16.02.21.png
    707.7 KB · Views: 34