HELP!!! SHOULD I PUSH MY DATE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dreammedschool

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I really need help deciding whether I should push back my STEP 1 date. NBME 15 baseline (50 days ago)- 150, NBME 17 (33 days ago)- 173, USMLE free test ( 17 days ago)- 63 percent (conversion of this correlates to 185), NBME 16 (4 days ago)- 196. I am 75 percent through UWORLD first pass. Scheduled for test in 2 weeks. If I push my date, I would have to take my first rotations off after going to orientation! I am still finishing content first pass. I want to get around a 230. I just wanted to know what the best option for me is? Pushing rotations would mean I will have to make it up during fourth year (Idk the consequences of that). I feel like I can do it but its taking longer than I thought it would.

Members don't see this ad.

Failing the test is worse than delaying it. You are in a bad situation - having the test in 2 weeks, while you haven't completed reviewing the content and not having passing scores. I would delay it

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with LyMed. Take the first rotation off so long as it doesn't delay graduation.