Help!! Reschedule Interview?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed2

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need your advice....I have an interview scheduled with Pitt in late October, but some things have come up and now it would be really helpful for me to reschedule. I know that Pitt is not a rolling admissions school, so would it matter if I rescheduled my interview to winter break when it would be easier for me to interview? Or would this hurt my chances of acceptance? Any help is appreciated!! Thanks!!:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

no, it is totally fine if you wait until winter break. i have talked with the dean of admissions about this. i myself am not interviewing at pitt until January. he said as long as you interview by january they will have reviewed your file along with all other fall candidates so that you will hear in march with just as good of chances as someone who interviewed in September. hope that helps.

Decide very soon if you want to reschedule and get in touch with them immediately (IE by phone, not by E-Mail). If you wait too long to contact them, they could make your rescheduling contingent upon them finding someone else to interview in your original spot. If they don't find someone, it's basically an interview slot that was wasted because you didn't give them enough time to get someone in there, and they can deny interviewing you at a later time because of it. At that point, it's either a matter of interviewing at your original time, or not interviewing there at all.