Help Please

MclovinLPHS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
:scared:I am a senior in high school and i want to become a pharmacist my father is a pharmacy tech in the usaf but i know this is different. What do i need to do to become one. I've looked at colleges pre-pharmacy programs and they say i should major in chemistry while doing that. Do i need to know what pharmacy school i will be going to after college. Help

Members don't see this ad.

Whoa whoa whoa, slow down. I'm not an expert on pharmacy school, but I understand that it is similar to most professional health schools in that it requires numerous pre-requisite science courses. If you're really ahead of the game, you can look at a few schools you think you might like to go to and see what classes they require. Plan to take those classes at some point during college. I don't believe your major matters much if at all. You do not need to have any idea where you want to go to pharmacy school right now. Don't worry about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
so what you saying is i can major in business and still take the pre-pharmacy cousrse to later apply to pharmacutical school

:scared:I am a senior in high school and i want to become a pharmacist my father is a pharmacy tech in the usaf but i know this is different. What do i need to do to become one. I've looked at colleges pre-pharmacy programs and they say i should major in chemistry while doing that. Do i need to know what pharmacy school i will be going to after college. Help
You could major in Chem and just take all your pre reqs for Pharm school. Another option is you could major in business (or just about anything you want) take all your required courses and apply to Pharm school. Being a chemistry major would probably help you out for Pharmacy school but it is not necessary.