Help needed..Urgent!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Intmedicine

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello friends,

I am an IMG - third year IM resident-- having a good resume with few abstracts and oral presentations..Unfortunately, due to personal reasons, couldn't apply to GI programs on time - I was ready to apply only at the end of Feb -All programs have passed their deadlines already..my visa status does not allow me to apply next year....I got an IV from my program --- I have been contacting the PD's in different programs -- No response at all. :(

1. Any other suggestions on the 'selected' programs to contact?
2. Anybody has a list of H1B sponsoring GI programs?

I am trying to mazimize any kind of chance that I have for this year. Any kind of input is really appreciated. Thanks so much for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello friends,

I am an IMG - third year IM resident-- having a good resume with few abstracts and oral presentations..Unfortunately, due to personal reasons, couldn't apply to GI programs on time - I was ready to apply only at the end of Feb -All programs have passed their deadlines already..my visa status does not allow me to apply next year....I got an IV from my program --- I have been contacting the PD's in different programs -- No response at all. :(

1. Any other suggestions on the 'selected' programs to contact?
2. Anybody has a list of H1B sponsoring GI programs?

I am trying to mazimize any kind of chance that I have for this year. Any kind of input is really appreciated. Thanks so much for your time.

Your only hope is for your local program to make some calls on your behalf or take you.

I second that opinion. It might be too late in the season to get your applications in and reviewed. Most programs deadlines were in December.

maybe consider a hepatology year and then reapply next year? I am not sure of the deadlines for these positions, but they may be later than GI