Technology HELP! Need Feedback! New Medical Keyboard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lzracers

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I am an engineering student at Cooper Union. For a school project, I am developing a new medical keyboard made for hospitals. In order to meet the class requirements, I am required to get a ridiculous amount of interviews from medical professionals. I have tried going to different local hospitals and talking to medical personnel to no luck. All the nurses and doctors are super busy and many hospitals have company policies against discussing things with outsiders. THIS IS MY LAST HOPE. Please help!!!!!

The main features of the keyboard is self-sanitizing with UVC light. The keyboard is completely flat, and is similar to a touch surface. In addition to only cleaning when no one is using the keyboard, it can also sanitize your phones, tablets and other devices in a sanitation chamber.

Is this something that nurses and doctors will be interested? Why and why not? How can I better improve it? What are the current problems with regular keyboards?

THANK YOU!!!

PS. I hope this thread is acceptable and in the appropriate forum. Please remove or edit if inappropriate.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi. I am an engineering student at Cooper Union. For a school project, I am developing a new medical keyboard made for hospitals. In order to meet the class requirements, I am required to get a ridiculous amount of interviews from medical professionals. I have tried going to different local hospitals and talking to medical personnel to no luck. All the nurses and doctors are super busy and many hospitals have company policies against discussing things with outsiders. THIS IS MY LAST HOPE. Please help!!!!!

The main features of the keyboard is self-sanitizing with UVC light. The keyboard is completely flat, and is similar to a touch surface. In addition to only cleaning when no one is using the keyboard, it can also sanitize your phones, tablets and other devices in a sanitation chamber.

Is this something that nurses and doctors will be interested? Why and why not? How can I better improve it? What are the current problems with regular keyboards?

THANK YOU!!!

PS. I hope this thread is acceptable and in the appropriate forum. Please remove or edit if inappropriate.

Sanitizing sounds like a nice feature. I am able to type more quickly on a physical keyboard than a touch screen but that is just my personal preference.

Interesting idea.

I think the sanitization is really interesting. I'm guessing the flat design was a necessary design to accomplish that. I'd consider including some tactile feedback as many people in that environment will not be used to typing on a touchscreen.

I'm also curious about the ability to sanitize other devices. That seems really cool and something people would be interested in even as a standalone product.