Help me with your opinion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Happyguy

Reaction score
I am a 4th year medical student abroad in a 6 years system, I still have more 2 years to go.My family is moving back to the US ( I am a US citizen ) and I really wanna stay with them, do you advise to come to the US, take the prerequistes in a year an apply or just finish what I got left and come here back as a resident ( even though its hard now for IMGs). So is it really worth it ?

Members don't see this ad.

I really dont see why you'd be turning your world upside down just to spend some time with family. We all love our families, but as time goes on and priorities get in the way, we cant always be with them.

If you've made it through 4 years of med school so far, you can probably manage the last two without them without much difficulty. Enjoy the extra time your course has given you to do some extra research or etc.

Reactions: 1 user
I really dont see why you'd be turning your world upside down just to spend some time with family. We all love our families, but as time goes on and priorities get in the way, we cant always be with them.

If you've made it through 4 years of med school so far, you can probably manage the last two without them without much difficulty. Enjoy the extra time your course has given you to do some extra research or etc.
Thank you so much for replying , I think I will actually do that but will I get a residency in the US if I get a decent USMLE grade, or my chances are low? I am taking it this novemeber

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much for replying , I think I will actually do that but will I get a residency in the US if I get a decent USMLE grade, or my chances are low? I am taking it this novemeber
From which country will you be applying?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh that means I have a way better chanc e here then :( ok thank you so much