Help locating MCAT materials/General Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MeatHeadMed

Reaction score
Good evening all,

I am in the process of PREPARING to prepare for the MCAT :). I will not officially begin studying until May but I am trying to get all of my ducks in a row regarding my study plan, materials, etc. For awhile, I was weighing my options of Prep Course vs. Nymeria's 100-Day StudyPlan, but I am now 69% sure I'm going to use the 100-Day Study Plan. For someone who needs heavy (HEAVY) content review, do you believe this would suffice? Or would I be better off taking a prep course? I am a disciplined studier so the "need for structure" is not an issue.

Also, I keep seeing people talking about studying the 300 pg. Khan Academy docs, Kaplan quick sheets, etc. Where in the HECK do I find these? Could someone please point me in the right direction on finding these documents? And does anyone have any other documents such as these that may provide useful?

Also, regarding Anki, I keep reading just to make one massive deck of notes right? Don't break it down into subjects. Just one huge deck. And can anyone recommend some pre-made Anki Decks?

Lastly, is it just me or is TBR's website a little behind the times? Man, if I hadn't heard all the awesome reviews from this website I'd almost feel sketch about ordering off the website!

Thanks in advance! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you think you don't need help with scheduling and structure, I wouldn't recommend a review course. However, I would recommend purchasing a set of review books, just because they help break down what is important for the MCAT.

Here are all the Khan Academy notes: Mcat

As for Anki, I don't know where you heard you should make one huge deck, but I would strongly suggest against that. I remember the premed95 anki deck being very good, but I don't know if that's still considered the 'best' premade Anki deck.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Reactions: 1 user
I think one useful part of Anki is the notecard making itself. It is practically another pass of the material making the notecard. I'm definitely all for using good premade decks but I did make a lot of card on my own. For those who really want to self-study, for sure get access to review books and make sure to use a lot of exam practice. UWorld is excellent for doing passage practice. Altius has quite a few really good Full-length practice exams with good explanations. Make sure to incorporate a lot of actual practice test-taking into your schedule!

Reactions: 1 user
If you think you don't need help with scheduling and structure, I wouldn't recommend a review course. However, I would recommend purchasing a set of review books, just because they help break down what is important for the MCAT.

Here are all the Khan Academy notes: Mcat

As for Anki, I don't know where you heard you should make one huge deck, but I would strongly suggest against that. I remember the premed95 anki deck being very good, but I don't know if that's still considered the 'best' premade Anki deck.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

How would you suggest structuring my future ANKI decks? Are there any other documents similar to the KA documents floating around that may be useful to incorporate into my study plan?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How would you suggest structuring my future ANKI decks? Are there any other documents similar to the KA documents floating around that may be useful to incorporate into my study plan?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Additional thoughts: Several companies and schools put out sample plans. I used Examkrackers back in the day and they had a good default.

I would try and compile as many different samples and put together something that fits your personal situation.

David D MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors