This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

annie quest

Reaction score
I have this coming up on Monday and I'm terrified. Anyone have any tips? I'm kind of super confused and curious as to what the group problem solving activity would be like. As anyone experienced anything like this? What was it like?

Also if anyone wants to share any questions they were asked during a program interview I would seriously appreciate it a ton. I'm scared about the curve-ball questions to be honest. Apparently we have to do an essay while we're there too, which I've never heard of before. Sooo anxious!

Members don't see this ad.

As far as any group activity I’ve done, they basically are assessing how well you work with others. So participate, and make sure you talk. In one group activity we were given a prompt to read and then had to basically come up with a research project idea and then had to present it to the 2 faculty members once our time was up. In another group activity we played jenga, as we pulled out a piece we had to tell a barrier that patients could be faced with, half way through we had to place the pieces back into the empty slots and tell how we help people overcome barriers. The only rule was that the Jenga tower couldn’t be knocked over.

Essays are pretty simple. Use the intro-body-conclusion method while using proper grammar and punctuation. Pay attention for a word count or character limit. Follow the instructions. Maybe come up with some essay titles just to be safe!

You already found the interview questions thread that I posted in, so those are all the questions I’ve been asked.

a new question I was asked today at an interview was “tell me about a time you used active learning skills”. And then instead of the activity with the shower cap they handed me a water bottle and gave me a minute to come up with activities patients could use it for in OT.

Very interesting, thank you so much for sharing! I think the essay is just a bit surprising to me because it's sort of an on-the-spot essay it seems since it's on interview day, which I've never heard of. I'm wondering if they send us to a computer lab to type it out. Are active learning skills like role playing and group project type things? Also I'm curious, were these interviews for a job or program you applied to? I hope your interview you had today went well, best of luck!!