Help interpreting GPA table as non-trad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTtoMD23

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am a career-changer with a humanities undergrad degree. I have my doctorate in physical therapy and in working with geriatric/sick/homebound patients for 4 years I have become inspired to pursue medicine. This is NOT a WAMC post, I am simply trying to pinpoint what GPA I should emphasize when crafting an appropriate school list and how adcoms might view my various GPAs.

My post-bacc is DIY and I have taken classes at a mix of 4 year and CC. This includes all pre-req classes (except Biochem, which I am enrolled in for the fall) for sGPA I have - Bio1/2 lab, Physics 1/2 lab, Gen Chem 1/2 lab, Org Chem 1/2 lab, A&P 1/2 lab, Statistics, Calculus, Intro to Psych, Developmental Psych, Human Nutrition, Microbiology all at a 4.0

My cum GPA is 3.65 including my formal undergrad courses which are 100% humanities courses.
My cum graduate GPA is 3.82

Which GPA should I emphasize when looking at MSAR data and average accepted student? Will adcoms view me as a 4.0 student or a 3.65 student? There is a significant difference in competitiveness between the two GPAs so I thought I should ask.

I have attached the formal verified GPA table.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 1.32.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 1.32.15 PM.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 86
For the purposes of comparison to MSAR, AMCAS uses undergrad overall GPA. For the purposes of reviewing your application though, because your BCMP GPA shows you to be more of a career changer, there may be more attention looked upon in some schools' screening processes with your BCMP. Good programs will also sneak a peek at your transcript and see you are not a traditional applicant and should be evaluated differently. This is where your networking with admissions professionals will give you insight for your list.

Thank you all for the responses, it's definitely difficult to assess competitiveness as a non-trad student.