Help? Im a new CVS pharmacy tech hire and I have questions!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurepharmer2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a new CVS pharmacy tech employee. I got hired in June and have completed approximately 25 hours of training (online and in-person classes). I am looking to transfer regions (due to an unexpected move) but have not completed any in-store training yet. I talked to the store manager I was supposed to work with , explained my situation, and basically told me he would not be willing to work with me for the time I have left in this region.

Due to this, I was wondering how I handle getting paid? I know the store manager has to approve all payments, ect. I've essentially been doing "paid" training for two months but have not received any payment yet. I know they pay for training but I'm not sure if I should get a check now for the training I've completed in this region before transferring or wait until all my training is complete.

Has anyone else run into this or have any suggestions to help?

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I'm a Walgreens pharmacy technician so I'm not sure if I am qualified enough to respond to this, but technically your manager owes you the money you earned during training, even if he doesn't want to work with you while you transfer. Even three months down the line, I'm still doing online training courses whenever I get the chance (these take MONTHS to finish, there is so much info you have to know!) and I get paid everytime I finish another portion of it.

Two months and you haven't been paid is ludicrous. I know this may sound scary, but I think you should talk to your manager about payment, it's your hard earned money.

Definitely check into that.....that long without a paycheck is unacceptable.....transfer has nothing to do with money owed.

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Call HR and explain the situaltion to them. If their answered don't help much ask them for a direct number or email to your district supervisor. Also try talking to the PIC they should be able to help.

I've been with the company for 1.5 years and I just recently got a raise promised to me last September when I finished my training and became registered. I know the struggle.

You should have been turning in those training completion papers (with the training courses you did and the # of hours) as you completed them, and the store manager should have been inputting those hours during whatever pay period you were in at that time.

The company doesn't have to secure you a transfer to another store, but you definitely should be getting paid for whatever training you've already completed while there. However, you have to turn in the paperwork for it (and make copies, so you have a record of what you turned in).

Source: CVS technician

You should have been turning in those training completion papers (with the training courses you did and the # of hours) as you completed them, and the store manager should have been inputting those hours during whatever pay period you were in at that time.

The company doesn't have to secure you a transfer to another store, but you definitely should be getting paid for whatever training you've already completed while there. However, you have to turn in the paperwork for it (and make copies, so you have a record of what you turned in).

Source: CVS technician

This lol. I'm a lead technician at CVS and we just had a girl come in who quit a year ago wondering where her paycheck was from all of her online modules. She never submitted the paperwork. You have to submit the paperwork to get paid. Talk to your field trainer as well.