Help! Idk what to do! just took aamc 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bellab17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I just spent a month and a half doing content review (but still have some Physics content/practice to complete) and a few practice passages from TPRH and TBR (I did 1-4 passages for each topic.) I just took aamc 3 and made a 22: ps 7, vr 6, and bs 9. :(

I don't know what to do from here. What is the best approach for improving my score? Doing self-analysis etc.. using aamc tests? What is the proper way to self-analysis or review the aamc tests? How are ppl able to improve in the sciences esp? Do I need to use TBR passages instead or do all of the passages in tprh and tbr for the subjects I was weakest on in the aamc 3?

I have taken the mcat before, but this time I want to inquire as to how best I should approach my studying/practicing/testing/self-analysis at this point so that I can see improvement this time around.

Also, I plan to take the sept 18, 2014 mcat test, so was going to spend the next three wks doing the rest of the aamc tests while reviewing weak areas and practicing in b/t each test.

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

It sounds like you have much content review left to do. What worked for me is making flashcards of important concepts, reviewing those flash cards daily, then doing TONS of practice problems especially in physics.

Also, for physics, really know your units -- that a N = kg*m/s^2 and J=N*m and W=J/s, etc. You have time, but you need to get content down, and for me that required spending lots of time reading prep material, making flash cards, then solidifying with practice problems.

Okay thanks, but in terms of content review what books did you use? I used tpr for all of the subjects b/c I like details. What about for practice problems, is tprh or tbr better or just do both?

Thx so much!