Technology HELP! How do I play DVDs on my comp?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wends

Tigress in Training
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i cant seem to play my dvds on my comp, when i put it in, it doesnt do anything and everything freezes. :confused: help me!

Members don't see this ad.

wends said:
i cant seem to play my dvds on my comp, when i put it in, it doesnt do anything and everything freezes. :confused: help me!

are you using the DVD-ROM drive?

wends said:

What kind of player are you using? Divx?

Members don't see this ad :)
i have no idea, i only have one player in my hard drive and thats what im putting it in.....maybe i dont have dvd - rom :( :(

wends said:

Do you have a DVD-playing program, like CyberDVD or BlazeDVD 3, installed? (I was going to put links in, but SDN is having a fit and won't let me right now.)

Windows Media Player before 9 does not support DVD. There is an FAQ page at Microsoft that may help you. Is it a DVD drive?

wends said:
i have no idea, i only have one player in my hard drive and thats what im putting it in.....maybe i dont have dvd - rom :( :(

Ya you might wanna check and see if you have a dvd-r also you should go d/l a new dvd player and see if that works.

Try Intervideo's WinDVD, it is also possible that you don't have a DVD drive. You can tell by accessing "My Computer" as perviously mentioned.