Help - Has anyone ever asked to delay the deposit date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apass

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has ever had any success in delaying paying the deposit. I have to put down a deposit soon and I wanted to ask for 1 more week - is this possible?

I don't want to jeaporidize my spot.

Any thoughts

Members don't see this ad.

I think there is no harm in calling or emailing the director of admissions and asking for a few more days. I don't think it's unheard of. What school is it for?

You should call the admissions office and tell them your situation and ask if you can 1) send it in within a given timeframe or 2)send it in installments. You never know what they might allow unless you ask.

Congrats on your acceptance and good luck.
Zippy

Members don't see this ad :)
The deposit is for UHS. I am very happy and excited about this school - there are two reasons for the delay - one is money - I will have more the following week (non traditional student waiting for my paycheck - I am broke, okay sorry I know everyone is struggling) and two (more of the big one) I have an interview at MSUCOM. I just want to go with an open mind to the interview and not worry about making my decision with $2000 on the line.

I don't know which program I am going to like best. Quite honestly KC will be a much easier move but at the same time I want to keep an open mind and do what is best for me.

Anyway - I just don't want to lose my spot at UHS. Just one more week is all I need. I am just nervous about calling and asking.

I also delayed my deposit. I called up the school, told them that I needed an extension and told them a specific date I could get it in. I didn't even tell them why I needed the extra time and they were A OK with it. They didn't ask any questions, they understood that a deadline for that kind of money had caused me some inconviences. Good luck to you, I hope it turns out the same way it did for me!

:) :) I just called and asked for an extension on the deposit and it was given positively with no questions asked. She said it was not a big deal and that they would make a note in my file. This is great news. thanks guys!