Help! GPR programs!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kev4455

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am about to be a fourth year in a dental school and it's about that time for me to think about programs beyond dental school.
I am particularly interested in GPR programs mainly VA because they don't have financial constraints in terms of treatments. Also, I heard they allow more than usual # of implant placements/restorations at VA GPR programs.
My goal is to get an awesome training in implants during my GPR experiences.
I am SURE there were posts about this sort of thing but they seem to be outdated.
Can you all please help me on pooling some information on which GPR programs offer these things?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

A friend of mine went up to a VA in Maine, he's about done and has placed 30 something implants in his one year there. Univ. of Georgia has one thats two years but gives you some anesthesia and implant experience. thats all ive heard of.

Doing a GPR is a great opportunity to improve your skills and become a well rounded dentist. every programs has their pros and cons. I did mine in the VA in Richmond, VA, so i can let you know all the good and bad about that program. The first thing you have to decide on is what are you looking at when you r done with your program, for ex: if you want to be a jack of all trades and refer very little in pvt practice then you need a program that will cater to that end.
PM me if you want specific info about the VA GPR in richmond.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I am so torn on if I want to be specializing afterwards or go in to general practice. All I know is that I would like to be in a program where I can receive strong exposure to implant dentistry and fixed prosthodontics. I can decide if I want to specialize as I start the GPR program.
Thanks and please more feedback would be helpful!!