Help! Finishing CA-3 and looking for a job in Cali

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jss

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am graduating in June of 2013 and I am in need of your help. My goal has always been to move to California where my family is. I went to med school out at Loma Linda and am completing my residency at the University of Cincinnati in Ohio. How hard is it to get back into the field out West? I am willing to take a job anywhere in Southern California, particularly the LA area but am also willing to go further inland if that's what it takes. From what I hear, however, jobs out there are tough to find these days (the good ones, anyway). Any tips or pointers, or is anyone in the know about particular groups that are hiring? I have had a couple of lukewarm leads and even an interview, but they just thanked me for stopping by as they weren't currently hiring. Anyone willing to point me in the right direction, and also willing to tell me where to stay away from?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,

I am graduating in June of 2013 and I am in need of your help. My goal has always been to move to California where my family is. I went to med school out at Loma Linda and am completing my residency at the University of Cincinnati in Ohio. How hard is it to get back into the field out West? I am willing to take a job anywhere in Southern California, particularly the LA area but am also willing to go further inland if that's what it takes. From what I hear, however, jobs out there are tough to find these days (the good ones, anyway). Any tips or pointers, or is anyone in the know about particular groups that are hiring? I have had a couple of lukewarm leads and even an interview, but they just thanked me for stopping by as they weren't currently hiring. Anyone willing to point me in the right direction, and also willing to tell me where to stay away from?

Thanks in advance.

call Dr wender from cedars sinai and talk to him. He may be able to hire you? While you are talking to him ask him about who is hiring he knows the whole area.

Ok. One question, though.. Is it common and courteous to call up a department chair outright and ask them for a job? If this is how it's done, then I will go ahead and do so.