Help! Extreme Performance Anxiety!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hoopchicksw

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a first year PT student at Western Carolina University, and I am loving my program...but I have one major problem: I get so anxious when we have to do a practical that I barely pass, even though I have spent ample time preparing for it. Yesterday, I had an interview practical and I got so nervous I forgot 5 or 6 pertinent questions and cried in my professor's office when I was done. I really want to stay in this program, but I know that the practicals are going to get much longer and be harder. I have always had this problem--I used to get really anxious when I was younger and had to audition on musical instruments. Has anyone else had similar problems? What can I do?

Members don't see this ad.

You should see a doctor and perhaps get on an anti-anxiety medicine.

Usually, your university should have a psychologist on campus. Talk to them first before turning to medication. They should be able to help you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Meditation works wonders for anxiety. A couple minutes a day is fine... If your open minded to that sort of thing lol if not forget i said it....I used to have severe anxiety

Thank you everyone for the replies! I think I will try going to the counseling center on campus..it's something I'd like to get rid of for the rest of my life!