Help compiling application list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMedStacy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDN,
Need help compiling a realistic list of MD schools to apply to this cycle. By the way, Oregon is my residential state.

A little bit about me: I graduated from high school in 2010 with a 3.85 GPA. Got an associates in science in 2012 and spent another year wrapping up pre-med classes. After June 2013 I took some time off to decide if I was going to pursue medicine or nursing. That summer I obtained training for basic nursing assistant, and started to work at my local Hospital by December.

I transferred this last fall with Junior standing and declared at Chemistry major (Biochem track) to a private liberal arts university. My overall GPA at community college was 3.49. At private university, I currently hold a 2.663. I continued to work full time weekend nights fall semester but I cut down to part time (2 weekend nights) for spring semester.

I just got my MCAT scores back and they are: 122 Chemical/Physical, 120 Critical Analysis, 122 Biochem, 123 Social Sciences = 487 total.

This summer I will do research at OHSU in their Primate Research Center studying HIV antibodies.

In the past I have volunteered 600+ hours at Hospital.

However, I have 3,000+ hours of patient care as a CNA.

I'm interested in family medicine and hope to serve underrepresented Spanish speaking communities.

Members don't see this ad.