HELP ASAP! PTCAS 2018-2019 Issues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

livvvdpt

Reaction score
Hey all.

I am currently applying to DPT programs for the 2018-2019 cycle. I have a question about something that recently happened with my PTCAS application. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I took Physics I at a community college. The CC where I took it originally sent an incomplete transcript to PTCAS by accident, but later sent the updated transcript with my grade of an “A” on it. However, PTCAS used the first incomplete transcript when verifying my application. My entire application is verified (with my primary institution that I went to and a few in progress/planned courses), and I have submitted applications to several schools although I am not finished yet. The area above my Physics grade and where I took the class on my application says “Unverified”. The letter grade of “A” is listed on the right for this course, but is not verified.

I emailed PTCAS and they stated that they would upload the complete/updated transcript with my letter grade for all programs to see and that it would not affect my application negatively in any way. Is this right? From the program standpoint, is this an issue? Would this affect my application or chances of admission into PT programs at all? I'm really nervous. My actual grade is there next to the class, it just isn't verified. Will schools care? In progress/Planned courses are technically "unverified" as well and I'm assuming they will review the transcript for this class anyways, right?

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

I would bug PTCAS about the date when they are planning to do the upgrade. Also, if you are applying to schools which already start considering applications now and work on first-come first-serve basis, I would email PTCAS about the update needs to be made ASAP and I would contact the schools and inform them about the situation as well. If the schools where you are applying are not looking at applications yet, then I would just bug PTCAS to make updates (just to be safe). But do not freak out about all this. There always will be glitches in the system. It's good you notice them and try to get rid of them ASAP for your own sake.