This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

denticodia

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm drafting my statement of purpose to apply to the DDS program. Have served as a combat medic in Army for 4 yrs, and graduated from dental college in India. Currently working as a dental assistant. I'm having a hard time figuring out what relevant medic experience should I mention which will portray me as a better candidate for the program. Will appreciate any feedback. TIA

Members don't see this ad.

This is probably the wrong forum for your post. Try the Dental or Pre-Dental forums.
Wishing you all the best though.

Members don't see this ad :)
combat medic in Army for 4 yrs,!!!!!!
I'm having a hard time figuring out what relevant medic experience should I mention which will portray me as a better candidate for the program.

You, my friend, have real world experience working, with people that trumps all others!
Do you have any commendations? If so list them!
Did you enjoy working with the troops? If so say so and say why.
Did you get selected for special duties or special training? Is so say so and explain.

DO NOT underestimate your Army experience as a Combat Medic!

Reactions: 2 users
You, my friend, have real world experience working, with people that trumps all others!
Do you have any commendations? If so list them!
Did you enjoy working with the troops? If so say so and say why.
Did you get selected for special duties or special training? Is so say so and explain.

DO NOT underestimate your Army experience as a Combat Medic!

Thank you so much for those suggestions!! That definitely helped me!!