Help a newbie

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wandernkind

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am not applying until next year but I thought I would play the "What are my chances" game and see if anyone saw any week spots I was missing (other than GPA). So here it goes.

Cum GPA: 3.48
Science GPA: 3.65

Mcat: 11, 9, 11 P

I have one year clinical research in emergency medicine (no publications 400 hours) with a LOR for the Faculty sponsor at the teaching hospital. I've watched 100's of ER exams and procedures though being a researcher. I have 6 months behavioral lab research (non-medical and no publication 100 hours) and a LOR from the chief investigator. I have two years experience as a Sexual Assault Advocate, where I provided in-person(at the hospital or police office) and over the phone advocacy to survivors and family members (2000+ hours). 18 months of that was in a supervisor role where I supported the volunteers who were on the crisis line. I served as the vice president of the board of directors of a youth and family organization for one year after graduating from high school one year early. I don't work currently but I volunteer 30+ hours a week. My science LOR are. . . mediocre and still waiting to ask faculty for the last one. I will have a composite letter from my pre-med committee and expect to have at least all votes as "recommended". Please let me know what you think!! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Your numbers are good (I think the higher science GPA voids the slightly low AOGPA). Your ECs are great and will make you stand out. Provided you apply to a good mix of schools, interview well, and have a positive committee letter, I think you are good to go.