Hello

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Toby75

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, Im new to the boards. I am an international graduate and have not been in the studying scenario for a little over 3 years. I am planning on taking my part 1 in December. I need a little help organizing myself with how and what to use to study.
I have the Decks, Kaplan lecture notes, the Dent essential, old exams you name it i got it..But i need some organization on where to start. Thank you...

Members don't see this ad.

The decks are very useful...I spent ~2.5 weeks with the decks only and pulled 12-13 hour days and got by with a 92. I also read ~77 pages of the nbde first aid book but ran out of time so never had the chance to finish it...but if I had to do it again I would go back and read that thoroughly. Wikipedia and google are a good resource when you need a little more clarification. Aside from that I didn't use anything else so I can't comment on the other sources. After you're done take any or all old exams you can get your hands on and really spend time on why you missed questions.

Good luck!

Hi Deccan,
Congrats on ur score in part 1. Just curious to know how many months u took for ur preparation? I have started with kaplan review notes. Is that a good text to start with. Please help me !!!

The decks are very useful...I spent ~2.5 weeks with the decks only and pulled 12-13 hour days and got by with a 92. I also read ~77 pages of the nbde first aid book but ran out of time so never had the chance to finish it...but if I had to do it again I would go back and read that thoroughly. Wikipedia and google are a good resource when you need a little more clarification. Aside from that I didn't use anything else so I can't comment on the other sources. After you're done take any or all old exams you can get your hands on and really spend time on why you missed questions.

Good luck!

I studied a total of 2.5 weeks. I've never looked at kaplan stuff so I really can't comment on it. Sorry!