Hello! New MD1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Linda La Rue Lowry

Reaction score
I'm starting MD1 at Saint James School of Medicine in Anguilla January 2024. I live in Rockford,Illinois (USA). My current occupation is registered nurse. I could use all the guidance available while I go through the USMLE1 process. Thank you, everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm starting MD1 at Saint James School of Medicine in Anguilla January 2024. I live in Rockford,Illinois (USA). My current occupation is registered nurse. I could use all the guidance available while I go through the USMLE1 process. Thank you, everyone!

Congratulations on embarking on your journey. I would love for you to keep us posted on your progress.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Ensure you understand the risks. Per the WFME directory:

1698292773753.png

75% of all students failed out and didn't graduate. Data is old, but I expect may be similar. Very high risk. But some people do make it though.

Reactions: 2 users
First off, you should stick to US med school. Do a post bac or a career changer post bac, take the mcat and get into a US MD or DO program. Those would allow you to do much more. Even if you do go to the carib, why would you go to a "low tier" carib school. You should stick to the Big 3 aka ross, sgu and auc (maybe you can include aua/saba but i havent heard great things about them from personal experience).

Honestly, I think most of these carib schools prey on those who aren't well informed on the process and what it entails.

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck with your med school journey. Start preparing for your steps as early as possible. I know they changed the step 1 to PASS/FAIL now instead of the 3 digit numeric numbers we used to have. This puts you at a disadvantage. so make sure you ACE your step 2CK.

Reactions: 1 users