General Admissions & OTCAS HBCU MOT Program Admission 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cocowilk18

Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread for HBCU MOT programs so I'm starting a thread. Feel free to share stats, interview dates, acceptance etc.
Here are my stats:
Undergraduate: Texas State University
Major: Exercise Sports Science
Overall GPA: 3.35
Graduating School GPA: 3.38
GRE Scores: 185 Overall (138 Verbal 144 Quantitative 3 Analytical)
196 Overall (151 Verbal 142 Quantitative 3 Analytical)

Activities
Leadership: Served as Secretary, Vice President and Health Chair in 2 organizations, Served on 3 planning committees,
Academic Awards: Dean's List 2x, Tau Sigma National Honor Society, Student Government Scholarship,
Volunteered at church and assisted living community undergrad and resale shop partnering with a woman's shelter postgrad
Also employed as a PT/OT Technician and BLS Certified

Observation
42 Inpatient Adult
12 hrs TBI Inpatient
1200+ Developmental Pediatric Outpatient (Employment)

Schools applying/applied to:
Howard
Alabama State
Tennessee State

Alabama State is sending updates in January. Howard has yet to post their OTCAS application.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I’m planning to apply to Howard as well

Reactions: 1 user
I applied to Howard as well. I am trying to reach out and see if they received my supplemental application but it has been hard getting a hold of them.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone apply to Tennessee State? Have you heard anything?

I applied to Howard as well. I am trying to reach out and see if they received my supplemental application but it has been hard getting a hold of them.
Did you print your supplemental app and write your information before sending it or are we to type the information?

Did you print your supplemental app and write your information before sending it or are we to type the information?
I printed and wrote in the information and then scanned in (emailed) the written document.

Could you tell me how you found the codes it states to refer to on the website ? I cannot find them for anything

As far as “citizenship” and “birthplace”
as well as the question “what influenced your decision to attend Howard”

As far as “citizenship” and “birthplace”
as well as the question “what influenced your decision to attend Howard”
ohhh, I think I left those blank and I do not think I answered that question because I thought it was for undergrads who were attending Howard and wanted to continue there for grad school. But you should call and confirm because it could be different for those who currently attend.

Has anyone applied to Alabama State? If so have you heard anything back?