Haters something something opportunities be doubling

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunnyandseventytwo

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Our best pharmacists have always been previous technicians, they get the details of workflow best.

Yah we’re having trouble finding qualified hospital pharmacists, shortage of qualified rph’s is real.

I even saw a PICU position offer a sign on bonus and an offer to train from zero peds experience. That’s straight up wild to me.

Thats the problem all around...you want quality. These days like trying to find a needle in a haystack

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, maybe I should write an article with a title like this: "I make 7 figures as a pharmacy hater (I pay 6 figures in taxes). Here’s why pharmacy is a ****ty career, and my advice to anyone who wants to pursue it." :rofl:

Reactions: 1 user
Well, maybe I should write an article with a title like this: "I make 7 figures as a pharmacy hater (I pay 6 figures in taxes). Here’s why pharmacy is a ****ty career, and my advice to anyone who wants to pursue it." :rofl:

Is this like the pharmacy equivalent of jacking up your truck and rolling coal? lolol

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Our best pharmacists have always been previous technicians, they get the details of workflow best.

Yah we’re having trouble finding qualified hospital pharmacists, shortage of qualified rph’s is real.

I even saw a PICU position offer a sign on bonus and an offer to train from zero peds experience. That’s straight up wild to me.

I had to put in a year on the PICU satellite pharmacy before they even dared to put me on the floor. It sounds like kids these days have a golden opportunity to skip a few steps on the ladder to success.

This article also reminds me of the ones I read around 2002 that convinced me to become a pharmacist. Explicitly stating a high salary? Check. Going on about job satisfaction and being part of the medical team? Check. Sounds like the powers that be want to encourage enrollment again.

This article also reminds me of the ones I read around 2002 that convinced me to become a pharmacist. Explicitly stating a high salary? Check. Going on about job satisfaction and being part of the medical team? Check. Sounds like the powers that be want to encourage enrollment again.
Actually, anything less than 200k/yr or $100/hr shouldn't be considered a "high salary" by any standards, especially in HCOL area. I am not trying to be harsh, but a bachelor's degree holder in math or stats with 3-4 yoe can comfortably command $75-90/hr statistical programmer jobs these days. I chat with recruiters on a regular basis, and it's all easy money as long as people have the right skills.

I'm at over $70/hr and I just count by 5s all day. Pfft, try hards.
I am over $70/hr and I don't even have to count by fives- I just click "verify" on a computer - haha

• Haha
$105/hr but I make IVs and write politely worded emails
I have to work on the politely worded emails - maybe if I didn't point out al the things that the higher ups mess up I could make more,

I have to work on the politely worded emails - maybe if I didn't point out al the things that the higher ups mess up I could make more,

Just don’t write Karen-ey stuff like say “per my last email” or accidentally volunteer for tasks from other departments, you’ll be golden.

Oh and definitely put your out of office dates/vacations in your signature.

Just don’t write Karen-ey stuff like say “per my last email” or accidentally volunteer for tasks from other departments, you’ll be golden.

Oh so you put them ahead of time?

There is nothing more satisfying than setting the out of office message up.

my go to move is when my supervisor/RPD/mgt asks me a question that they have asked many times before, to just forward my email from 3 months ago that already answered the question.

Reactions: 2 users
my go to move is when my supervisor/RPD/mgt asks me a question that they have asked many times before, to just forward my email from 3 months ago that already answered the question.

I like to do it as an attachment.

Oh so you put them ahead of time?

There is nothing more satisfying than setting the out of office message up.

Yeah + block out my Outlook calendar, last thing I want is someone dumping a meeting on me and having to do the rescheduling dance.

And live in high COL area - SF vacinity right?

Yup that’d be me.

But ask me about HCOL mitigation and what “high cost” actually means, and the answer of livability here might surprise you.

Actually I’ll answer that in like an hour or so.