Has anyone transferred from a 4 year to another 4 year university?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Avacado0o

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone has changed schools here. I transferred from one 4 year university to another because frankly, I hated with the grading system (It has +/- and the A- (90-92) was destructive to my GPA). The curriculum was also very heavy and they didn't teach that well but they had high expectations and it was really hard to make As there.
I switched and I've been making 3.7+ GPA in my new school. These schools are within the same ranking range.
I am curious to know if anyone else has dealt with similar situations and was questioned for it during the dental school interviews?What were your responses and reasons?

Members don't see this ad.

Just focus on doing well and getting your degree. In the end your final GPA will be far more important, especially if the schools are of a similar rank. I'd find a different focus to discuss your reasons for switching schools, you don't want to come off like you switched because you thought one school was too hard to make good grades at.

I've attended 3 four-year schools and a community college and have two undergrad degrees. I've interviewed 4 times at 3 different schools and my transfer was never mentioned. I'm non-traditional though, so take this with a grain of salt.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm curious if anyone has changed schools here. I transferred from one 4 year university to another because frankly, I hated with the grading system (It has +/- and the A- (90-92) was destructive to my GPA). The curriculum was also very heavy and they didn't teach that well but they had high expectations and it was really hard to make As there.
I switched and I've been making 3.7+ GPA in my new school. These schools are within the same ranking range.
I am curious to know if anyone else has dealt with similar situations and was questioned for it during the dental school interviews?What were your responses and reasons?
I've personally never heard of a university(I know they're out there, and I assume you transferred to one) without a +/- grading system. Also while getting an A- stinks, you can balance that out by getting B+ instead of only a B.