has anyone taken naplex after the nabp system update?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mono1323

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
just curious if anyone taken naplex on or after April 2nd ? and if they got their results already? I taken it and positive I failed. I just want to get feed back if the register for naplex box is grayed or not in your account and if the status is ATT generated or closed. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey - I'm in the same boat. I'm convinced I've failed because it was so hard. These past few days waiting for my score have been absolute torture (the state that I live in doesn't post on the NABP website).

Today, I saw that I had a score transfer option on NABP and it made me slightly hopeful. However, then I read the NABP bulletin, and I'm not convinced anymore if since the update that rumor is true. I also have a score review option as well as "transfer score"? Why would anyone have their score reviewed if they passed? Does that mean that I did not pass? Have you seen/heard anything? Please help - I'm going crazy!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone, Did anybody confirm if the purchase score transfer option and purchase score review indicates passing after registration is closed? Thank you!

Hey - I'm in the same boat. I'm convinced I've failed because it was so hard. These past few days waiting for my score have been absolute torture (the state that I live in doesn't post on the NABP website).

Today, I saw that I had a score transfer option on NABP and it made me slightly hopeful. However, then I read the NABP bulletin, and I'm not convinced anymore if since the update that rumor is true. I also have a score review option as well as "transfer score"? Why would anyone have their score reviewed if they passed? Does that mean that I did not pass? Have you seen/heard anything? Please help - I'm going crazy!
What NABP bulletin? Can you post a link? TIA

Members don't see this ad :)
just curious if anyone taken naplex on or after April 2nd ? and if they got their results already? I taken it and positive I failed. I just want to get feed back if the register for naplex box is grayed or not in your account and if the status is ATT generated or closed. Thank you

There is another thread I started regarding this titled: “NAPLEX Score early indicator post NABP Website update April 2018” regarding this similar issue.. hope it helps

Hi Guys - I'm sorry, I don't log into this website frequently. However, as a non-California candidate, I can vouch that the NABP "score transfer" was accurate for me even after the NABP Website update. I saw it around a week or two after taking my exam. Took forever for my state to give me the results because there seems to be significant lack of communication between NABP and individual states. The whole process was quite an ordeal and I'm very happy to have passed. Good luck to all of you...I hope everything works out!

Last edited:
Has anybody taken the NAPLEX in CA by 4/28/18 and already got their scores? I spoke with the CA board and they said that the scores should have been mailed off by this cut-off? thank you.

I took mine on June 18, still nothing posted on NABP website. I saw that “purchase score transfer” option on my profile, contacted NABP to figure out why I can purchase score transfer while I still don’t have a pass/fail score!
The customer service representative said you shouldn’t purchase till you get your score! I’m freaking out now and can’t study for MPJE!

I took mine on June 18, still nothing posted on NABP website. I saw that “purchase score transfer” option on my profile, contacted NABP to figure out why I can purchase score transfer while I still don’t have a pass/fail score!
The customer service representative said you shouldn’t purchase till you get your score! I’m freaking out now and can’t study for MPJE!
I remember saw the “ purchase score transfer” box before I took Naplex ( since I booked the test). I took it on Friday (6/22) and my status has not change. Did your registration change to closed?
Read the link below and try to find out if it said you pass Naplex. Thanks

NAPLEX Score early indicator post NABP Website update April 2018

The purchase score transfer thing doesn't mean anything. It was there before I took my test and afterward as well. I took mine 6/21 and got my score already today on 6/25! Two business day turn around!!

Reactions: 1 users
Tell me your secret on this success! Congratulations. I still need to pick a test date :D
Thanks!
I didn’t go to school in the US, I got my PharmD in 2011,... I studied for 2 months and a couple of days for NAPLEX:)

Just make sure you “understand” all the calculations/biostats (you’re gonna see a lot of questions from these 2 sections, so be prepared) and review whatever you’ve learned about 1 wk before your exam,

Best of luck!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Have anyone received a “purchase rescore” option? That’s not even listed in the bulletin as an option. Does this mean I definitely failed? I am having panic attacks and I am so depressed now I don’t even know what to do... how to breathe...

Also for those who passed, will it let you reapply for NAPLEX? Because currently with my closed status it will let me reapply to take NAPLEX. Is that also an indicator that I failed? Can someone who passed try it and let me know?

Have anyone received a “purchase rescore” option? That’s not even listed in the bulletin as an option. Does this mean I definitely failed? I am having panic attacks and I am so depressed now I don’t even know what to do... how to breathe...

I also have that option. In the threads, I am seeing other people as of yesterday saying they had this too. I think NABP has changed "purchase score review" to "purchase rescore." That's what I am telling myself at least!

Also for those who passed, will it let you reapply for NAPLEX? Because currently with my closed status it will let me reapply to take NAPLEX. Is that also an indicator that I failed? Can someone who passed try it and let me know?

Hi, I'm sorry to hear!
I've passed this week and I am currently be able to reapply for naplex. Once your active application is closed you have an option to reapply for naplex even for those who have passed. Because some Naplex score do expired in certain years if you dont have a license

Hi, I'm sorry to hear!
I've passed this week and I am currently be able to reapply for naplex. Once your active application is closed you have an option to reapply for naplex even for those who have passed. Because some Naplex score do expired in certain years if you dont have a license
Okay, thank you for looking into it! This gives me hope! I had an anxiety attack earlier because of this! Thanks again!

I also have that option. In the threads, I am seeing other people as of yesterday saying they had this too. I think NABP has changed "purchase score review" to "purchase rescore." That's what I am telling myself at least!
Thanks so much! Fingers crossed for us both! I have been searching all evening and can't find any information about the "purchase rescore" option! Thanks again for giving me some hope!

Okay, thank you for looking into it! This gives me hope! I had an anxiety attack earlier because of this! Thanks again!

Np! Also if you want to confirm if you've passed Naplex, then go to application history. Under your examination status if you have an options to purchase score transfer and purchase score review =you've passed.

Another way is CPE monitor will tell you "you've recently passed naplex, update your profession"

Reactions: 1 users
Np! Also if you want to confirm if you've passed Naplex, then go to application history. Under your examination status if you have an options to purchase score transfer and purchase score review =you've passed.

Another way is CPE monitor will tell you "you've recently passed naplex, update your profession"
Yeah I've read the posts. For some reason my profession is already Pharmacist so it doesn't show up like that in my CPE monitor. Also, my options are two check boxes: "purchase rescore" and "purchase score transfer". There is no "purchase score review"...I took this to mean I failed? Earlier someone mentioned NABP might have changed purchase score review to rescore, but I haven't been able to find any information on this. This option is also not listed in the NABP bulletin about available options.

Yeah I've read the posts. For some reason my profession is already Pharmacist so it doesn't show up like that in my CPE monitor. Also, my options are two check boxes: "purchase rescore" and "purchase score transfer". There is no "purchase score review"...I took this to mean I failed? Earlier someone mentioned NABP might have changed purchase score review to rescore, but I haven't been able to find any information on this. This option is also not listed in the NABP bulletin about available options.

I just check again... they prob changed it. I have "purchase Rescore". I already passed and I do have a score. So congrats!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180725-231712.png
    Screenshot_20180725-231712.png
    80.6 KB · Views: 618
What if you have not gotten your score from the state yet and the only option you have is purchase rescore? Does that mean I failed? The CPE link does not say anything when I tried that.

What if you have not gotten your score from the state yet and the only option you have is purchase rescore? Does that mean I failed? The CPE link does not say anything when I tried that.
By all indications, that might be the case. The CPE should at lest tell you that you passed and request changing your status. That is IF it is certain the results are in.

Took mine last wednesday, got my results today. It was online so I got everything instantaneously. Exam was no longer under ATT, the score was up, and the CPE stated I passed. I think if your score it not up yet, the best indictor is the CPE tab.

Our state does not report scores online. I also took mine last Wednesday and I have not gotten an email from the board yet. Also, did you take your law exam first?

Our state does not report scores online. I also took mine last Wednesday and I have not gotten an email from the board yet. Also, did you take your law exam first?
I don't think the board emails you. I didn't get an email. Idk how it works with the mailed in results, but from everything I've read if the score has been processed, the CPE should still say you passed before you get it in the mail, but I have no idea. Someone else might know more or have had a similar experience. I have not taken my law exam yet. I'm most likely taking the AZ MPJE at the end of the month.

I don't think the board emails you. I didn't get an email. Idk how it works with the mailed in results, but from everything I've read if the score has been processed, the CPE should still say you passed before you get it in the mail, but I have no idea. Someone else might know more or have had a similar experience. I have not taken my law exam yet. I'm most likely taking the AZ MPJE at the end of the month.

In MN that is how it works. NABP sends score results to the board and the board forwards you a screen shot of your score report. And I did fail. My law exam is today so I am hoping to be able to focus on that since I just found out I failed 20 minutes ago and my law exam is in less than 3 hours. I would say wish me luck but it appears that not even a prayer circle can help me do this.

Took mine last wednesday, got my results today. It was online so I got everything instantaneously. Exam was no longer under ATT, the score was up, and the CPE stated I passed. I think if your score it not up yet, the best indictor is the CPE tab.
Around what time of the day did you get your results?

Hello, I just took the exam and wondering same thing. I know this is an old post but I just thought maybe you could now tell if it’s a pass or failed if I only have the purchase rescore option and not the score transfer. Thanks!

Hello, do you mind sharing your findings regarding this "purchase rescore" option? I cannot find any answers and would really appreciate i if you could help me out!
Hello, do you mind sharing your findings regarding this "purchase rescore" option? I cannot find any answers and would really appreciate i if you could help me out!

I also only have the "purchase rescore" as my only visible option. Wouldn't be surprised if I failed, almost 30 years old stuck with no other skills...

I also only have the "purchase rescore" as my only visible option. Wouldn't be surprised if I failed, almost 30 years old stuck with no other skills...
So I received the bad news today in the mail. For future reference to anyone else, I only ever had "purchase rescore" and I never saw any changes in CPE monitor.

HI everyone! took my exam about 6 days ago (including non business days) and just noticed a change on my profile. I have the purchase rescore option and purchase score transfer options. My CPE monitor section has not changed. I am assuming I failed. Has anyone had a similar display and possibly passed?

HI everyone! took my exam about 6 days ago (including non business days) and just noticed a change on my profile. I have the purchase rescore option and purchase score transfer options. My CPE monitor section has not changed. I am assuming I failed. Has anyone had a similar display and possibly passed?
I had both options, and passed! However, I believe the system has changed and no one knows yet if any of these options are indicating anything.

I had both options, and passed! However, I believe the system has changed and no one knows yet if any of these options are indicating anything.
Hi Star9, I applied to california as my primary state. I took my exam 4 days ago. I originally had "add score transfer" which later changed to "purchase rescore ". Now all I see is purchase rescore. Have you heard of anyone in a similar situation as me either passing of failing?

Hi. Does anyone know about the view page source trick to see your NAPLEX score? Has anyone tried this to see if their final score verified what was on the NABP site?

I’m praying this score is wrong and the one I get in the mail will be a 75