Other Doctoral Degree Harvard SD in Epi

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

L27Epi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I just got back from attending the HSPH Admitted Students Open House last Friday. I loved the school but have one major concern - there didn't seem to be many other prospective Epi SD students. The few I met all seemed to be leaning towards going elsewhere.

Is anyone else on these boards enrolling in this program for next year? Or do people not want to start the HSPH SD program right before the school switches over to PhD?

Members don't see this ad.

If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats, I'm looking into applying and don't know if I have a chance though

Hey all. I just got back from attending the HSPH Admitted Students Open House last Friday. I loved the school but have one major concern - there didn't seem to be many other prospective Epi SD students. The few I met all seemed to be leaning towards going elsewhere.

Is anyone else on these boards enrolling in this program for next year? Or do people not want to start the HSPH SD program right before the school switches over to PhD?

I didn't know that the school was switching to a PhD? How exactly would it be different from the SD?

As for me I'm attending the hsph for the 2 year MS in EH, concentrating on environmental epidemiology. I also hope to do the SD, or well PhD program immediately following my masters. I didn't attend admitted students day since I've been busy finishing up undergrad, but I chose harvard since it's a place to really Excel and Boston has actual opportunities for my partner compared to other places that I've gotten into.