Harvard Post Bacc (specifics)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chiefy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there has been previous posts on this topic, but I have some specific questions.

Has anyone taken organic or physics at Harvard?

What were your experiences?

How large are the classes?

How many dropped out of these classes?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

anything... anything...

I took OChem at Harvard during the summer and I can give you some background into that I guess. I was an undergraduate taking it during the summer to fulfill my OChem requirement for my university.

Basically there was class everyday for I think about 2 hours and then a review session afterwards. There were labs two times a week and it was pretty intense. There were tests every Monday of every week. The course I believe lasted about 2.5 months. The class had ~100 kids I think and there were about 30 who dropped out beforehand - I could be wrong.

That's all I really know... Hope that's helpful...

Members don't see this ad :)
Wakkak, thanks for the reply. Did you hear anything about the classes during the year? Weekly exams sounds reasonable for a summer class, but do you think that it's just a midterm and a final for the fall semester? Also, who taught the summer class? Thanks again for your reply.

Anyone else know anything about organic or physics at HEP?

chiefy said:
Anyone else know anything about organic or physics at HEP?

I know you said you've looked at previous posts, however I would check the official 2004/2005 threads again. I'm starting the program in the fall and use those threads as a bible because they have so much info in them from previous students who have now completed the program.

I've noticed that there are less people posting now, because most of the people who have completed are now in the application process. Therefore, most of the good stuff you're looking for was posted in the threads I just mentioned. Do a search for "harvard" in the post bacc forum and you will find both of them, and you will find the answers your questions.