harvard mpp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TY06

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone know anything about the harvard masters in public policy program? any thoughts on how the curriculum is, how good the program is, and how hard it is to get in for a med student?
thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes ... The Kennedy School is an incredible program! It is the best in the country in my opinion. I thought about doing an MPP ... I'm starting at Harvard in the fall in their MPH program ... the cool thing about the MPH program is you can take classes anywhere ... so I will definately be taking classes at the Kennedy School. If you are applying to MPP programs the Kennedy School should be at the top of your list!

pedsid said:
Yes ... The Kennedy School is an incredible program! It is the best in the country in my opinion. I thought about doing an MPP ... I'm starting at Harvard in the fall in their MPH program ... the cool thing about the MPH program is you can take classes anywhere ... so I will definately be taking classes at the Kennedy School. If you are applying to MPP programs the Kennedy School should be at the top of your list!

thanks for the reply. congrats!
do you know if its hard to get into for a med student?

yes, it is hard to get in ... even as a medical student. I'm a med student, by the way. Another thing to consider is that it's a 1.5 year program (combinded with your degree) as opposed to an MPH which is a 1 year (9 months actually) program. I have a friend who's also a med student, who applied, went to Harvard undergrad and didn't get in to the Kennedy School. I also applied to the Kennedy School as well as the School of Public Health and was not accepted to the Kennedy School, but was accepted to the School of Public Health. It was a blessing for me ... helped direct me (and my wife was not crazy about a year and a half in Boston as opposed ot 9 months :)). Regardless if you are thinking MPP ... also check out Princeton, Duke, etc.