Harvard affiliated programs.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KB_Xiii

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.. ;)

I wanted to ask:

if any of the harvard affiliated programs (MGH, BIDH, ..) are IMG friendly?

provided ofcourse one's application is solid all over..

thx ;)

Members don't see this ad.

the author of Step 2 Secrets is a Ross grad. Did a fellowship at a harvard affiliated hospital.

I think BID talked about it on their website. On my interview tour, which included some upper tiers, I noticed IMGs would only show up at the very worst places (community programs in undesirable areas) and the very best (I ran into 'em at UCSF, Stanford, and Hopkins). I imagine you would probably need a Ph.D. or something to get into such a program though...it's hard enough for American grads!

BID's a tier or so below the other two (for a couple of tier listings search Aunt Minnie for 'tiers'), but is still an excellent program.

MGH and BWH have occasionally taken stellar IMGs. BID is more IMG friendly, but still very difficult for an IMG.

As far as fellowships, all of them are quite accessible to IMGs, once you have done a residency in the US. Certain fellowships have much more IMGs than AMGs, e.g. cardiac imaging fellowship at MGH.