HardCore Trading

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What will be the lowest price of oil/barrel over the next year? (until 10/07)

• 58$

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • 56$

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • 54$

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 52$

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • 50$

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • 48$

• 46$

• 44$

• 42$

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • 40$

• 38$

• 36$

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • 34$

• 32$

• <=30$

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
Interesting comments, 3dtp...
Personally, I see 50$ as the nearterm bottom... IMO, oil prices were like a locomotive falling off a cliff... opec then decided to open up a person-sized parachute... which worked for a bit, but will be overwhelmed as oil drops to 50$.

ttac

Members don't see this ad.

Look up my old threads from when I started this financial forum
Guys were talking about Oil Shale, and price per barrel going up.

I believe I mad the prediction that within the next 2 yrs oil will be at 30.

I bought puts for 40 out 1 yr and 30 out 2.

Members don't see this ad :)
lost 2.8k selling dovp today at 0.32... was down as much as 7k a couple of days back. could be a bk filing sunday but then I would try to buy 100k shares at 0.15 or so for the bk-bounce... will watch closely monday morning.

nbix was a good idea to sell at 12.41. Now 8.60 ah today, hit as low as 9. inhx still flat. gsct hit as low as 5.3 cents after I sold most at 7.7 and 6.8... now 5.8 cents. bot 6k avii at 3.73 b/c I feel there will be a "new-bf strain" bounce and avii is o/s... we'll see...

ttac

NBIX at 8.06 here is a steal.
will bounce 10-20% in 3 days.

um, not to burst your bubble, but it's down a good 30% since you posted...maybe a long straddle (or costless collar if you don't have the money) might be a good way to play this volatile trade...

Sold nbix 12.41 for a loss of maybe 200?

inhx imo is right on the cusp of a b/o... long 10k at 1.61. Company has 2.24$/share in cash, cup and handle of the past couple of months.

Starting to get talked about on the mb's
Downside risk... maybe to 1.50... upside... 2.25?

ttac

etf: sold nbix at 12.41 because I thought it was a failed breakout... and I didn't like the somx news.

bought at 12.50.

As far as now, I haven't owned any nbix since 12.50... starting to look like it will be a buy soon... I guess my 8.06 call wasn't so hot, but then again, I was in avii, which I sold today at 3.82 on a limit order from 3.73 yesterday. plus 440$, I'll take it.

now all cash into the weekend.

ttac

Bot 2k adlr at 9.00 premarket. Will see where it goes.

Out at 8.70, lost 600. That was quick, and fun.
:rolleyes:

Bot 5k of rnvs at 3.30 for a bounce. Trades at less than cash (3.50/share), 7-8 trading days after the slam, and ascending triangle.

Ho hum.
ttac

NBIX at 8.06 here is a steal.
will bounce 10-20% in 3 days.

Like I said, NBIX _was_ a steal... now up to 9.35... up like 15% since my call.
Would sell now.

INHX I called at 1.61 and had the right idea... now up to 1.84 but of course my timing was off.

sold rnvs 3.53 + about 1000$.

goog I called on 10/13... at 429$... said it would hit 500. now up 20%. Will likely power through 500 to maybe 510-20? but I would sell now if you had it.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=326850

looking to get back into dovp.pk soon, possibly.

ttac

Going to follow one of the head traders in my group... says he "smells news" in acpw... lol (but he is a hell of a trader).

Bot 7.5k acpw at 2.74

ttac

Screw it. lettin it ride... sold all my acpw at 2.72-4, loading 70k of dovp at 29c.

0 or 2bucks...

ttac

Members don't see this ad :)
cpnlq.pk is a buy here at 47... for a run to 75, imo...

brother has 170k shares bot at 30cents... lets see where it goes.

ttac

ttac

Sweet jeebus... I think I'm going to just admit my brother is a better trader than I am... and throw in the towel in our 2006 trading contest already...

cpnlq.pk up 21% today... brothers portfolio up 17,000$ today, total up 40,000$+

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=CPNLQ&p=D&yr=1&mn=0&dy=0&id=0

ttac

Man, my brother is KILLING me... he's up another 10K$ today and I'm down 3K$... sheesh... good news is that he'll probably be able to buy a boatload of dovp when they file for bk...

he's still holding cpnlq, and I'm holding my dovp.pk <cough, cough> too...

ttac

heh... cpnlq.pk up another 8 cents, closing at the high of the day. Yep, my bro is up another 13K$ today... I still stand by my 75cent target I called when cpnlq was 47cents, although it is getting very close to a 10c pullback, imo...

ttac

ttac

yep, target hit today (79c hod)... interesting... my brother sold 80000 shares at 78 cents for a profit of 40,000$... (he bought those at 28cents), but is still holding 90k shares from an average of 30cents....
fortunately, he bought 100,000 shares of dovp.pk, at 23c but I believe he is holding a 750,000 share buy for if they declare bk and open at 15c...

ttac

heh... cpnlq.pk up another 8 cents, closing at the high of the day. Yep, my bro is up another 13K$ today... I still stand by my 75cent target I called when cpnlq was 47cents, although it is getting very close to a 10c pullback, imo...

ttac

There goes the 10c pullback... from high of 79c to 65.5 at the close today... realistically I could see this pull back to 52-3 before it bounces again.

ttac

I saw 1.98 a gallon a couple weeks ago.

Thoughts:

Goog is an overbought turd at 502 and change... now that retail has been suckered in in the ridiculous "over 500!!!" hype, this stock will (imo) easily pull back to 480, likely 450 on some bad news. IMO this is a short at 502, stop (cover) at 512

dovp.pk brother is long 90k at 0.23, also has another order for 90k at 0.23 which has not filled... I'm still holding all of my dovp.pk shares. My rationale is that they will come out with some dilutive financing, but since everyone is expecting bk and the price has been depressed SO much, the pps will rise to maybe 75c to 1.00 on news of financing. That or short cover on bk will take it to over 50c, after an initial drop to 15-17cents.

cpnlq.pk bro still holding somewhere between 80 and 100k from 0.30. I think he is holding through the year.

ttac

Goog... the overbought turd continues to be flushed... down 20$ today...

cpnlq.pk. Looks like my bro wasn't that far off holding his 80-100k... I believe this will hit 1.00 within 10 days, but I don't recommend buying at this point.

dovp.pk. still holding. This one I believe will be a long term winner, but in actuality it may have some selling pressure into the end of the year. The problem is that there isn't any catalyst for a pps rise until some material event happens, and if I were trying to accumulate cheaply, I wouldn't cut any sort of deals until the end of december. Nonetheless, my brother now has 180,000 shares at 0.23 (another 90k filled today)

inhx... hmm... they finally ran this one today... alot of people in my trading group sold out at 2.20 or so...
http://finance.yahoo.com/charts#cha...ck;crosshair=on;logscale=off;source=undefined

ttac

Should get an oversold relief rally in the markets today... or at least in goog.

would cover goog at 481 here, from 502 short yesterday.

cpnlq at 775 by 780

imo this is powering up for a move through 80c in the next couple of hours... the cup and handle looks pretty good over 5 days. if it breaks 80c then it is almost surely off to 1.00.

ttac

There goes 80c...

off to the races, imo

Briefing.com is reporting a rumor of bird flu in canada... should be good for a gap up tomorrow in the BF stocks.

NVAX at 5.24 is a steal this second... should gap over 5.50 in the am tomorrow, at least. Would sell on the open tomorrow morning. We'll see where it goes. CNN.com should report on the news soon enough.

ttac

Hmm... cpnlq.pk up another 16% today... hit 99c, closed at 94c. IMO this goes up above 1$ tomorrow, then I think my bro should sell.

He's still long 90k from 30c, so he'd be up like 57000$ at this point on this half of his shares. I guess if he sells at 1.00 then he would essentially have made 100k total on cpnlq. Maybe I get a nice X-mas present this year... lol

Maybe I can convince him to buy dovp (like half of the company) ;)

ttac

p.s. dovp is a very risky play... my bro is long like 180k? 200k? at this point at 23c average, but I don't think he is adding at this point. The problem is that there are many reasons for the stock to tank in the last few days of 2006...
1) tax loss selling
2) shorts don't want to cover so they don't book profits until 2007
3) fear of a bk declaration on Jan 2nd.

However, I continue to hold my meager number of shares. but I think I've convinced my brother to keep from going in really big until 3pm of the last trading day of the 2006 year.

Alright... I just don't see much that I want to buy right now... so it may be a while (months?) before I post again.

Besides... money is just a vehicle. We're all going to be (or already are) doctors, health professionals, whatever... should be able to make enough money there to buy whatever you want.

Parting thoughts:

cpnlq.pk: should be a sell really soon, if not now, esp if you bought it at 30c (ahem, ahem, cough cough)
dovp.pk: coin toss... hope it comes up heads.
nbix: This will be at 15 in a year or less
gsct.ob: starting to get tasty again (4.8cents, sold at 7 something?)
goog is still a turd, imo but I don't have an opinion either way :laugh:

Good luck to those who trade. It's not for everyone.

ttac

One last parting thought...
cpnlq: my bro is still holding 90k from 0.30... now at 1.22 (up 27%) for the day)... been trying to convince him to sell at 50, 78, 87, 99, 1.05, 1.15, and now... (lol)... he's up 81,000$ on this lot of cpnlq (and 120,000$ total)... so I guess I should let him decide how he want to trade it. FWIW I think this is done for the day at 1.21... :D :D :D

ttac

Hmm... cpnlq.pk up another 16% today... hit 99c, closed at 94c. IMO this goes up above 1$ tomorrow, then I think my bro should sell.

He's still long 90k from 30c, so he'd be up like 57000$ at this point on this half of his shares. I guess if he sells at 1.00 then he would essentially have made 100k total on cpnlq. Maybe I get a nice X-mas present this year... lol

ttac

p.s. dovp is a very risky play... my bro is long like 180k? 200k? at this point at 23c average, but I don't think he is adding at this point. The problem is that there are many reasons for the stock to tank in the last few days of 2006...
1) tax loss selling

However, I continue to hold my meager number of shares. but I think I've convinced my brother to keep from going in really big until 3pm of the last trading day of the 2006 year.

Finally in the green with dovp... portfolio made back 7000$ today. but my bro, bless his heart, is long 180k dovp from 23 cents (+18000$ on that) and 50k from 27 (+3000$ on that) today...
dovp closed at 33.5, high of day. This will probably spike to something like 40 tomorrow, then pull back to 30 or so, but eventually will hit 50-60, imo.

We'll see...
ttac

ttac

1) tax loss selling

Finally in the green with dovp... portfolio made back 7000$ today. but my bro, bless his heart, is long 180k dovp from 23 cents (+18000$ on that) and 50k from 27 (+3000$ on that) today...
dovp closed at 33.5, high of day. This will probably spike to something like 40 tomorrow, then pull back to 30 or so, but eventually will hit 50-60, imo.

We'll see...
ttac

Hmm... I cede the title of best trader to my bro... just got off the phone with him. He says with all of his trades (including a 30000$ loss with enron) he is up a total of 200,000$ (before taxes), 150,000$ after... mostly trades on the 3-6 month time frame.

And yes, he says that dovp.pk is very undervalued, but this is on the 3-5 month time frame.

ttac

Booya... dovp up 40% more today... made another 8000$ on paper... haven't sold yet... still holding everything. Fortunately, my bro is now up another 25000$ today, total up like 47000$ in the past 2 days on dovp. he is still holding, I believe.

ttac

Imo this will probably run to 60c before pulling back to 50c... then up to 80-90c in a week or so. Maybe just my wishful thinking. Today will probably stay flat till eod, or maybe pull back slightly (a few cents).

No volume (after the first runup) tells me that will probably pull back a few cents, (maybe to 42 or co) but nobody is willing to sell, and there are a hell of alot of shorts who need to cover.

ttac

totally unrelated but i need to vent. citigroup is up like 4% on some speculation. my covered calls that expire next friday are down 250% today. hopefully rumors subside.

Holy nuvo destruction, batman!!!
down 82% today... interesting to watch. Might buy at 3$ on day 7

holy crap... the 15$ dec puts on nuvo are up 10000% (were trading at 10c friday, now at 11.25$)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

nuvo: no position but imo this is oversold at 3.46

should bounce to 4, stop at 3.35

heh... High of day 4.07... close 4.04

cpnlq.pk is looking mighty good with a nice cup and handle over the past 10 days... I believe this run should take it to 1.50 in the next 2 weeks or so. My bro is still long 90-100k from 30 cents... while I wouldn't recommend buying it now (the time to buy was when I first posted at 47 cents) it should be interesting to watch (and I would still hold if I owned it).

dovp.pk is also looking very good... nice cup and handle and strong support at 40c soaking up sells of 25k, 100k, etc...

still long all of my dovp.pk from 33c.

ttac

still severely oversold, and still rocking... but I wouldn't touch it here at 4.25... time to buy was first post at 3.46.

ttac

I'm testing my "slam-play theory" which takes into account days after a "slam", volume, and previous prices...

its telling me that fmti is a buy at 0.77 for a possible run of 20% or so. worst case scenario would be maybe falling down a little or staying flat. We will see.

ttac

cpnlq.pk is looking mighty good with a nice cup and handle over the past 10 days... I believe this run should take it to 1.50 in the next 2 weeks or so. My bro is still long 90-100k from 30 cents... while I wouldn't recommend buying it now (the time to buy was when I first posted at 47 cents) it should be interesting to watch (and I would still hold if I owned it).

dovp.pk is also looking very good... nice cup and handle and strong support at 40c soaking up sells of 25k, 100k, etc...

still long all of my dovp.pk from 33c.

ttac

sweet... cpnlq.pk up another 8% today... high of day 1.31... should continue.
Dovp.pk has news today... we'll see if it means anything.

http://biz.yahoo.com/e/061213/dovp.pk8-k.html

fmti news out today, hit 81c. now 77c

nice... my bro the stock genius is still holding all of his cpnlq.pk (90k shares) from 30c, which is now at 1.40... up 100K on that part...

he's still holding his 230,000 shares of dovp from 0.235cents... now at 0.39 (up 30,000+)

oof... shoulda woulda coulda sold my dovp.pk... now at 27c... still holding all of my shares, so is my bro and his cpnlq.pk...

lets see... goog is STILL an overpriced turd, close to making my 450 prediction come true (453 now). Will probably take out 450 then bounce slightly.
gsct.ob is getting close to my buy in point, at 4.1 by 4.2 cents. think there may be a winter oil/etoh run again, but not quite yet. There may be some end of year tax loss selling on gsct (and dovp, unfortunately)

fmti... boring... would probably sell flat (or nearly flat) at 75-76 cents.
nbix still think this will hit 15 next year.

took a look at dphiq.pk... now at 3.65... I once owned 60,000 shares at 35 cents... a long time ago. oh well.

ttac

IMO insm is oversold here and should bounce 20%... now at 85c, looks like a double bottom, no position at this time but would buy if I wasn't in on dovp.pk.

target, 1.00$, stop 79c.
We'll see.

gnta I also believe is oversold here at 46c for a bounce to 55-60

Hope everyone had a merry X-mas. Let's see how my picks are doing...
goog- stagnated at 455 but I still wouldn't buy it. no idea whats going to happen.
fmti- probably dead money for a while. now at 71c, didn't like it at 76
gnta-verdict not out yet... long term I think this could double in a year, but still stagnating at 46 where I called it.
insm-down a few cents from where I liked it. May get some tax loss selling but I still stand by my prediction for a bounce. now at 82c.
nbix-nice 10% bounce from my prediction in the low 9's... hit 10.4 today. still believe this hits 15 next year, easy.
gsct-last played this from 4c to 7.7 and 6.7. high was 8.3cents. now at 3.6, looking for 3c to get back in.
cpnlq-brother still holding his 90k shares from 30c. now 1.15.
dovp-we're both still holding all/most shares, as painful as it is... bro holding 230k from 23-24c, me holding 60k from 33c... now at 27c. may be some eoy tax loss selling, and there is maybe a 50% chance of bk on jan 2nd, but I believe that has been factored in (everyone expects it) and any bk-avoidance news sends this stock flying.

good luck,
it's only money :laugh:
ttac