Hand written letter of recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WheatLom

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I can't seem to find a thread for it. Can my dentist submit a hand written letter of evaluation?

Members don't see this ad.

Woah, that's the first time I've heard of such a thing. Is there a particular reason as to why your dentist wants to submit a handwritten LOR? Anyway I think it's still possible, since you can get your evaluator to upload a pdf (doesn't have to be a word document).

Definitely call the schools you're applying to. Chances are most won't care although it'll raise some eyebrows.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe because OP's dentist is a man/woman of the older generation who does not feel comfortable using a computer? My dentist handwrote his letter, then asked his assistant to type it up and upload it onto AADSAS. Of course he has to read it over and sign. I imagine my father - a dentist himself would do the exact same thing if someone asked him for a letter.

Reactions: 1 users
Well he said he would write it, but he is being tough to get it from. I thought maybe if he could hand write it and eliminate the printing signing and scanning of the letter it would be easier.

Yeah, just scan it, and convert it into a PDF. Make sure it's readable.

Nostalgic indeed.

Reactions: 1 user