guide me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sathish

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
iam a med student from india,jus finshed final year and doing my residency.iam keeping my options open and am thinking of appling to US universities. in present situ,how realistic can my plans work out to? guide me thro.

Members don't see this ad.

sathish said:
iam a med student from india,jus finshed final year and doing my residency.iam keeping my options open and am thinking of appling to US universities. in present situ,how realistic can my plans work out to? guide me thro.
Get married to US citizen by matrimonial and pass ECFMG and then GREEN dollars.That is my advice.

kuralia said:
Get married to US citizen by matrimonial and pass ECFMG and then GREEN dollars.That is my advice.

:thumbup: Most realistic one!

The difficulty with getting on the boat is not with the ECFMG or placements- it actually presents earlier- to get visas is difficult. I know some people who passed USMLE 1and 2 in India with flying colours and then were denied visas for giving part 3- CSA in USA!!!! Terrible situation! So the sure shot thing is to have a first degree relative in USA- once you can manage that- the rest comes easier. And as naturally now you can´t find out a Father or Mother of USA citizenship- clearly you will have to find a Spouse!

If there´s no special love in your heart about USA, and it´s just that you wanna fly fu**in out of the country- I would suggest you take PLAB and try luck in UK and Australia, Newzealand. They are in need of imported doctors and IMHO- Australia is a better life than USA. All the best!

If you can get the visa, do well on MLEs, you can definitely get something in the US.